Internal Server Error when going to Checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, well, well.

I have installed 8.5.1. onto my new laptop running Vista. I have been trying to keep it away from this one, as I seem to be hitting lots of issues that are Vista related, but in the end, it was the easiest thing to do.

So, step by step,

Set up basic Business Settings, and Site options. Changing only things that need changing.

Up Load.

Works fine.

Add Company Logo.

Up Load.

Works fine.

Change design template from default to "Smart", and colour to "winning streak".

Up Load.

Dead.

Any bright ideas now?

Cheers

Clive
    Suz and Clive Slade
    www.purple-ferrets.com

Comment

It's actinic's way of telling you the smart theme is crap and don't use it at all. Consider it a blessing in disguise and choose the exec or contemporary theme.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
        It's actinic's way of telling you the smart theme is crap and don't use it at all. Consider it a blessing in disguise and choose the exec or contemporary theme.
        Thanks

I likes smart...

You would think that their Tech Sup would have asked me what Theme I was using, and told me that??

I can't believe I have spent a week on this.

Now I need to go back to my original, and try changing the theme, see if I can get that working.

Cheers

Clive
        Suz and Clive Slade
        www.purple-ferrets.com

Comment

Clive

I'm kidding, it should work fine, i just detest the Smart Theme with a passion.

Sorry for any confusion.

Lee

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
            Clive

I'm kidding, it should work fine, i just detest the Smart Theme with a passion.

Sorry for any confusion.

Lee
            No confusion, I guessed you were...

But conclusively, I changed only the theme from smart to contemporary, and it worked. So there is defiantly a problem with the Smart Theme.

I am going to try it on the other PC and see how I get on with the original site.

Cheers

Clive
            Suz and Clive Slade
            www.purple-ferrets.com

Comment

I changed only the theme from smart to contemporary
              now thats the best thing you ever did.... I designed "contemporary"!!

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                now thats the best thing you ever did.... I designed "contemporary"!!
                LOL... OK... I'll have a play with it, and see if I can make it grow on me. Although, just by the fact that it works is a good start.

but introduce me to the fiend who did "smart"... I'll only need about 10mins with him...
                Suz and Clive Slade
                www.purple-ferrets.com

Comment

Originally posted by purple-ferrets
                  but introduce me to the fiend who did "smart"... I'll only need about 10mins with him...
                  He's been pushing up daisies for 4 years, i got to him first lol.

Comment

Originally posted by purple-ferrets
                    ohhh. Sorry

It's a host called 1st Choice. www.1stchoicewebhost.co.uk. Been with them for a couple of years on our home site, and not had a lot of issues, so stuck with them.

What would stop them from being able to host it? I thought as long as they could run Perl script, they should be OK. I know they can run Zen Cart OK as they provide that free. I would rather not use Zen Cart though, for several reasons I read.

I have just up-graded to the latest version of actinic, and re-uploaded, but still no joy.

Cheers

Clive
                    Hi,

Just to put a close on this one. After lots more messing round, and lots of chasing of my host, I eventually got a response some 5 days later. 1stchoice do not support Actinic. Joy.

I started to get problems with the Contemporary Theme after I had added a few more items, so went back to the drawing board. I switched to the Actinic test site and all seemed to work OK, so set up an account with 4sure hosting.

Waited over night for propagation, and bob's your uncle (or step dad in my case) and all works perfectly.

There probably is not an issue with the Smart Theme after all. Strange how just switching from one to the other on the demo site stopped it working though.

Disappointingly, I never did get a response from Actinic.

Thanks you all for your invaluable help over the last week or so, I am now making progress. Looks like I might have to buy the product after all.

Cheers

Clive
                    Suz and Clive Slade
                    www.purple-ferrets.com

Comment

Working...
                    X