No announcement yet.

Paypal payments not reconciling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK i have been having the same issues, and have followed the thread but just wanted to confirm

IPN this should be OFF

Auto Return On, url http://mydomain.co.uk/cgi-bin/os000002.pl i use script id 2 not 1

Anything else i need to do?

Just one thin though, i use the same account for more than one domain, anyone have any ideas around this?

Cheers
    Darren

Comment

that works here, Darren..although I still expect that a lot of customer emails won't get sent due to customers not clicking "done" on the receipt page

As for using one Paypal account for more than one web domain...that's a bit of a problem, isn't it? Because using the above method I assume they would all redirect to one website

Not sure how there could be a way round that
      Tracey

Comment

Exactly my problem, it's not an issue with PROTX as it always bounces back to the correct website after completion.

D

Comment

We get the email from paypal saying the payment has been made, and the catalogue order received email, but NOT the email copy of the actual order placed. Very strange and annoying.
          Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

I think the problem with Paypal paid orders is that an "order received" email is only generated when the customer clicks the "Done" button on the receipt page

I'm betting that most of them don't even see it!

If you're not getting any at all, G...check your auto return in the Paypal settings. If it's switched on with a URL entered (as mentioned previously) then it will generate a customer and copy email (as long as the customer clicks on "done"...etc)
            Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by george
              We get the email from paypal saying the payment has been made, and the catalogue order received email, but NOT the email copy of the actual order placed. Very strange and annoying.
              I had not given this much notice, until i found this thread and realised i am not alone, i have note changed any settings in paypal but it all stopped working when i went to V8.5

I have very little paypal customers so will wait and see what happens now.

G sure you dont want the shipping file

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
                I think the problem with Paypal paid orders is that an "order received" email is only generated when the customer clicks the "Done" button on the receipt page

I'm betting that most of them don't even see it!
                I thought that was what was going on in the first place, but i read this and decided to see what my settings were, i just had my catalogue url and the funny thing is this has always worked?

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
                  i have not changed any settings in paypal but it all stopped working when i went to V8.5
                  same here!
                  Tracey

Comment

OK Bruce what got broken this time, if you say we fixed a bug then this would be the god knows how many that got fixed that no one wanted fixed.

On a serious note i guess something must have changed along the line and maybe you guys can decide what it was and offer a fix. Also when the occ file gets posted back to the website can this action not generate the order complete email rather than relying on the customer to click done? Just a thought Bruce

cheers
                    Darren

Comment

G sure you dont want the shipping file
                      Aye, go on then...
                      Football Heaven

Comment

Now promise me to treat it with respect, you might find it useful, then again you might say sod that the blokes a plonker (the latter you can keep to yourself)

Comment

then again you might say sod that the blokes a plonker (the latter you can keep to yourself
                          LOL
                          ya reckon?
                          Tracey

Comment

Now promise me to treat it with respect, you might find it useful, then again you might say sod that the blokes a plonker (the latter you can keep to yourself)
                            Last time I made a promise I got into a LOT of trouble.
                            Football Heaven

Comment

Originally posted by george
                              Last time I made a promise I got into a LOT of trouble.
                              oooooh George.....do tell!!!
                              Tracey

Comment

you'll have to wait now it's on the pc and i cant be arsed to turn it on, sorry promise i'll send it tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X