Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reset Duplicates with extended info bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suspect what happens if you choose one of the upgrade options to leave your design well alone it doesn't search out all the instances of ProductID - my theory anyway

Comment

I suspect what happens if you choose one of the upgrade options to leave your design well alone it doesn't search out all the instances of ProductID - my theory anyway
      Sounds exactly right IMO

Comment

Hi there

It's probably worth clarifying what's happening here. FIrst of all the original problem (with the duplicate filename) is a bug, but it is unrelated to the ProductID/ProductReference change.

The variable change was purely to do with how information is displayed in the web pages - there wasn't any change to the internal workings of duplicates.

ProductReference displays the product reference of the main product (e.g. '123ABC' and is still used whenever the reference is shown to the customers.

ProductID displays the product reference together with the variable qualifier (e.g. 'ABC123!1'). It is used within the <input> tags and <form> tags.

So there should still be some ProductReference variables within your layouts. That's expected behaviour.
        The ProductReference/ProductID chance is not part of the 'site upgrade'. It is a 'technical update' that happens before the upgrader starts checking your layouts.

I know this layout change has been a pain, but I just wanted to clarify what's supposed to happen, to help any future customers coming accross this thread.

Comment

The ProductReference/ProductID chance is not part of the 'site upgrade'. It is a 'technical update' that happens before the upgrader starts checking your layouts.
          I dont quite understand - I have duplictes that have ProductReference in them and in order to get them to work correctly they need changing to ProductID.

Comment

Are you talking about the links from the listing pages to the product pages? e.g. ss000001.pl?PRODREF=xxxxx

If you are linking from the duplicate product to the main product you need to use ProductReference in the link - and the 'technical update' will leave ProductReference in these links rather than changing them to ProductID.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
              So there should still be some ProductReference variables within your layouts. That's expected behaviour. The ProductReference/ProductID chance is not part of the 'site upgrade'. It is a 'technical update' that happens before the upgrader starts checking your layouts.
              ok...I'm jumping on this thread because this has just had me floored for some time. Duplicate Drama

Turns out I had a ProductReference variable in my upgraded "add to cart" layout and it was messing everything up BIGTIME.
              I copied across the layout from a standard 8.5.1 add to cart...and all works fine now.

question is...why wasn't the layout "fixed" in the upgrade to 8.5.1HFUA?
              Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Bumps
                why wasn't the layout "fixed" in the upgrade to 8.5.1HFUA?
                If you chose option three (Upgrade my design) it should have been.

If you chose option 1 (don't upgrade) or 2 (don't upgrade but add the new layouts to the Library [so I can look at them later]) it should not have been.
                Bill
                www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I definitely chose option 2, Bill
                  100% certain
                  Tracey

Comment

But Bill all the other layouts got upgraded except the add to cart?

Comment

The Product reference/Product ID change is meant to be installed as a technical ugrade without choice before you even see the options. Other than that, the layouts should not have been touched in an option 2 upgrade, but there should now be a bunch of additional layouts identified as v8.5.1
                      Bill
                      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
                      X