duplicate problems still in HFUA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

duplicate problems still in HFUA?

Didn't really want to post this but I need to know before I drive myself crazy searching for hours for a forum solution that might not be here!
    My last hours search certainly didn't find anything I haven't already thought of.

I've run our V7.0.7 Jesters site through the upgrader on a 30 day trial and am trying to get it functional but I've hit a duplicate brick wall

I'm using 8.5.1 HFUA...so the newest version.

ALL of my duplicates with permutations (and only ones with permutations) are adding to cart producing NO details and NO price.

Originals are fine...duplicates with straightforward choices (ie, non-price affecting choices) seem to be working ok.

I'm a bit baffled...I've read through all the V8-related duplicate threads (and there are quite a number) and I was under the impression that duplicate-related problems were pre-HFUA and that HFUA fixed these?

Example pages/products to demonstrate..

Original (works ok)
    http://www.jesterstrickbits.co.uk/ac...nt_Guards.html
    Try adding the Honda Front Guard to the cart...everything works as it should

Duplicate
    http://www.jesterstrickbits.co.uk/ac...log/Honda.html
    Top product on this page...adding to cart gives no details and price etc

This is a recurring theme throughout the site affecting the duplicates with permutations (ie...choice dependant pricing)

Are there still outstanding issues with duplicates that are being worked on?
    Or have I missed something in my search?

Thanks for reading
    Tracey

I have exacly the same problem with no component choice detail or price being added to the cart. I've had a support ticket (111050) open since the end of MAY!!! and I'm getting really really really p'd off.

Comment

ahh...b*gger.

Is this just with duplicates with permutations, Jonathan? Are your straightforward "single price" duplicates working ok

Does it happen with new products too or just upgraded ones?
      Not that I relish the thought of creating ALL the duplicated products..that'd be a huge task in itself.

If this is a known and unfixed issue, I'm just going to abandon my upgrade on Jesters altogether.
      I'm not going to spend any more (wo)manhours on this if it's not going to work.
      Tracey

Comment

In my case, I'm using the push button grid (which I planned to use extensively) and the product is a "main product" with 1 component & 2 attributes each with choices. The component has permutations which use associated product pricing. IF I setup the product and get all the permutations/associated products correct and then click apply, it works and the info appears in the cart. If I then go back and edit the permutation grid (add new choice etc) it breaks. Actinic don't seem to understand that this is a problem

The only other time I use components at the mo is to add a surcharge. These are duplicate products with 1 component (fixed price) and seem to work ok after the upgrade.

RuralWeb have a similar problem too (posts 27/28/29).

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...t=29762&page=2

Comment

yeh...I read through dozens of duplicate related posts and threads last night trying to work out if this was the same problem as others had mentioned.
          Silly me thought it'd all been sorted in the HFUA release

I'm going to try creating a new product along the same lines as the ones that aren't working..and see if duplicates from a product actually created in this version work.
          If they don't...well, I guess we'll be sticking to 7.0.7 (and I suppose I should learn how to use it then!)
          Tracey

Comment

*Miss Bumps thread with `duplicate` in the title shocker*

You going for a `worst signature and worst avatar in the forum` double Missy?
            Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Originally posted by george
              *Miss Bumps thread with `duplicate` in the title shocker*
              don't make me come over there!!!!

You going for a `worst signature and worst avatar in the forum` double Missy?
              yep!!
              How am I doing??
              Tracey

Comment

Excuse me miss bumps and G, please keep to the thread and no jovailty please

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
                  Excuse me miss bumps and G, please keep to the thread and no jovailty please
                  Yeah I know, I apologise 'el Fuhrer, but I have been trying to restrain Miss Bumps from pushing the duplicate issue up to and over its obvious limits. But no, her quest continues. Hopefully she'll sort out all the stock control issues eventually as well. Be handy that. *coughs*
                  Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

OK i will speak to miss bumps about "duplicate posts" , theres nothing to fix with the stock control - it dont work

Comment

hey...do you mind, you two?
                      talking about me in my absence!

And anyway...it's my thread...I'll banter on it if I want
                      Tracey

Comment

pushing the duplicate issue up to and over its obvious limits.
                        *sigh*
                        G...no limits...it aint working!
                        I'm not doing anything above and beyond normal Actinic functionality here
                        Ask Darren! He's been looking at it for me and it's broke....plain and simple!

It's aint me....it's Actinic!
                        Tracey

Comment

My knowledge aint that good but i can find my way around and it's b******s me for sure.

Definately looks like a job for actinic, which is the next port of call me thinks

Comment

yeh...I'm leaning towards that idea, Darren.
                            I'm going to try creating new products with duplicates later this evening to see if new ones are affected too or just upgraded ones...then I guess it's a phonecall tomorrow
                            Tracey

Comment

How about we overload support and both ring at the same time

Comment

Working...
                              X