Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OCCUpgrader running every time I switch sites!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OCCUpgrader running every time I switch sites!

If it's not one thing, it's another!

It's bad enough trying to dance around the Actinic maypole and get the protx script template to stay put as it is!

I'm increasing the OCCupgrade.ini files by one.....opening Actinic..adding my password into the ProtxScript file thingie...and uploading..

All ok..

Then, I switch sites...and because I've incremented the OCcupgrade file in the V8 folder...it's running the upgrader on the newly opened site and over-writing the bloody Protx password in that one!

It can't be right that both sites are using the same Occupgrade.ini, is it?
    I'm finding it in

Program Files>Actinic V8>OCCUpgrade

Is there anyone who can give me a DEFINITIVE order to do this Actinic/Protx song and dance so that it isn't constantly upgrading and over-writing every time I switch sites, please?

Thanks
    (look, G...no mention of the usual topics )
    Tracey

Hi Tracey,

If you are running multi-sites you can try just changing the OCCPRoTXScriptTemplate.pl in each site folder
    .....\Actinic V8\Sites\Site1\CommonOCC\....

and ignoring the OCCUpgrade.ini file.

That way when changing between sites it will not think the 'global' OCC templates have changed and then will not re-apply the settings within the

....\Actinic V8\OCCUpgrade\...
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

ooooh...Fergus, you're a star!
      You know, I remember reading that somewhere before but it certainly didn't come up when I searched (I tell ya, I've spent more time on the search page than I have on the forums lately!)

Obvious when you think about it and I seem to recall being told that when I was first running 2 V7 sites side-by-side (they recently parted company onto different computers when we moved out of the house into shop & office)

Thanks a million
      Tracey

Comment

ok...found my initial post about this problem wayyyyyyyy back in October 2005
        Reason I didn't find it in my previous searches was because I was hunting in the V8 forum..and, of course, it was in the V7 forum

The sooner a "Definitive Guide to Actinic & Protx" gets written....the better, IMO!

Searching for a Protx problem/solution in the forums is like looking for a needle in a haystack unless you recall a specific thread.
        Tracey

Comment

Working...
        X