No announcement yet.

Stock control!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, i was thinking of something similar, but the problem again lies with complex permutations.

Comment

Originally posted by fergusw
      Yeah - I think for simple "1 product 1 add to cart" models your AJAX "add to cart" button hijack would be the most likely solution.

I'm assuming you are thinking of some kind of mysql database updated with stock levels with an AJAX PHP call for each add to cart button, only displaying button if stock level > 0, and upon clicking it would call another AJAX php page to decrement mySQL stock level before posting data onto to add to cart cgi?
      spot on. i'v done things like this previously.

the problem with cart adding hijacking, is that they might not buy it, and leave the cart dangling. therefore, the stock would be subrtated and then unpurchasable.

Comment

i would prefer to have Gabe's suggestion there

using a mySQL DB with the stock levels which hijacks the "Add to cart" and displays the appropriate button based on the stock.

syncronisation is a bit more tedious because you will need to update two things.

Gabe, if you have a utility that takes the stock from the actinic database and then update the mysql then this would be possible

***if you do this, Actinic should pay you handosmly for incorporating into V99999999

Comment

i have a mysql sync app in testing. it'll be part of the Actinet set of plugins.

there is a sneaky shot here:

http://www.interact-studio.co.uk/interact-sql-sync.html

its not geared up for stock however, but i suppose it could be.

i'd love to give time to developing this right now, but i cant take time out from getting actinet finished.

Comment

Working...
          X