X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default value for info prompt

Hi,

I hope someone can help.

My cart was previously set up to use a default value for the Other Info Prompt such as 'type your text here'. This meant that the mandatory element of the Other Info Prompt was no longer a problem. However, all of a sudden the other week I realised that the default value was gone. The box is suddenly empty. Customers now cannot add an item to the cart unless they enter something in the prompt box.

Firstly, do you think I should be concerned that Actinic seems to have changed this default value, that was working perfectly fine until recently? How or why would it revert itself back to an empty prompt box? I did upgrade to v8 etc... but everything was fine after that. It is a recent thing and no upgrade was performed recently by me

Secondly, I cannot remember how I got a default value in those Other Info Prompt boxes in the first place. In other words, I do not know how to put it back to how it was. I have spent ages searching on here and found two suggestions, both that seem to possibly have bugs or not work properly. The two suggestions both involved going to Design | Text, clicking the GOTO button and finding Phase -1, ID 2161:

Suggestion 1)
    %s<INPUT TYPE=text NAME="%s" SIZE="%d" MAXLENGTH="%d" VALUE="." dummy="%s" %s>

Suggestion 2)
    %s<INPUT TYPE=text NAME="%s" SIZE="%d" MAXLENGTH="%d" VALUE="-">

Does anyone know which, if any, of these suggestions is best to use please?

Many thanks.

do you think I should be concerned that Actinic seems to have changed this default value, that was working perfectly fine until recently
    This was never Actinic's default behaviour but must have been something you added yourself.

how I got a default value in those Other Info Prompt boxes in the first place
    Edit your Product Layout(s). Look for
    Code:
    <input type="text" name="O_<actinic:variable Name="ProductID"/>" size="40" maxlength="1000" value="" />
    and change the value="" to suit.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

You may also need to go to Design / Text / GOTO / Phase -1, ID 2161: and return that to the default value in case you break the Cart.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
      X