Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inc VAT Prices... doh

Hi Guys,
    I'm just taking a look at Version 8... I cant seem to get the thing to show VAT in prices or evenadd VAT on at all. I've looked at the help file... still struggling

Make sure that you are in the content tab. Click on your Online Catalogue page in the content tree, click on the layout tab in Catalog Details just below the Page Preview. Scroll down until you see Price Layout and change it to Standard Tax Inclusive or whatever.
    "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by JSnow
      Make sure that you are in the content tab. Click on your Online Catalogue page in the content tree, click on the layout tab in Catalog Details just below the Page Preview. Scroll down until you see Price Layout and change it to Standard Tax Inclusive or whatever.
      Thanks for the response... It seems that despite the above being set to "Standard Tax Inclusive" (Or anything else for that matter) the price is exactly what I type into the Product Price field and no VAT is added on

Comment

Have you gone into business setting and selected the VAT type you require under taxes

D

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
          Have you gone into business setting and selected the VAT type you require under taxes

D
          I've got simple ticked chosen with 'Include Tax 1' ticked at the appropriate rate.

Comment

You could also just check to make sure that your products are set to "Use Parent".

Click on the first section below the online catalog and check that the price layout is set to "Use Parent". Continue checking this through all the subsections until you reach your first product. If your layouts are not set to "Use Parent" a long and arduous task awaits you.

Comment

What have you got under Settings menu > Site Options > Layout > Product > Price Layout ?
              Peblaco

Comment

It seems that all the settings mentioned are as they should be, however still no tax is shown. I'm wondering is i've managed to mess things up in experimenting in template design.

Could this be the case? Something i've overlooked?

Comment

Take a snapshot before trying this!

Without knowing exactly what you've played with, it's going to be very difficult to pinpoint exactly what you need to do.

Try reverting your layouts to factory defaults. Go to Design | Library | Layouts | Prices | Standard Tax Inclusive. Right click on "Standard Tax Inclusive" and select "revert to factory settings" (all changes made will be erased and the layout will be reverted).

If you know where you've been messing about, try reverting those layouts as well.

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco
                    What have you got under Settings menu > Site Options > Layout > Product > Price Layout ?
                    "Standard Tax Inclusive Price"

Comment

As Jon said, i would take a guess that you have removed a line froma layout somewhere. it will be something like

Code:
                      <actinic:variable value="Product Price Including Tax" name="PreFormattedPrice" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTaxMessageShown%22%20%2f%3e" >
                      	<span class="actxxsmall">
                      		(Including&nbsp;<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTax1Used%22%20%2f%3e" ><actinic:variable name="TaxName1" /> at <actinic:variable name="TaxRate1" />%</actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTax1AndTax2Used%22%20%2f%3e" > and </actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTax2Used%22%20%2f%3e" ><actinic:variable name="TaxName2" /> at <actinic:variable name="TaxRate2" />%</actinic:block>)
                      	</span>
                      hope this helps

D

Comment

Originally posted by Folk
                        "Standard Tax Inclusive Price"
                        Definately sound slike you need to check the layouts

D

Comment

Hi Guys... still no luck in resetting the settings on prices, however its worth mentioning that this may not be a display issue as when I upload the site, there is no tax added to the shopping cart on checkout so its as if the VAT is just missing

Comment

You broke it

Do you have a link?

It definitely sounds like a layout problem so you are going to have to revert quite a few layouts. Just remember that any custom code that you may have entered into the layouts will be lost!

Take a snapshot.

After each revert, check your products to see whether the problem has been fixed. In this way, you will be able to isolate the exact cause and tell the rest of us what you got up to.

Revert the following:
                            1. Products (the whole lot can be reverted simply by right clicking on products and selecting "revert")
                            2. Shopping cart summary, table & table row
                            3. Section links

If this fails, I'm afraid that you may have to start over

Comment

Hi The link is:

http://83.245.33.152/s2you/acatalog/

All i did is alter the base template so im not sure what i could of done wrong, although im pretty new to V8.

Comment

Working...
                              X