No announcement yet.

Inc VAT Prices... doh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you revert all the layouts mentioned above?
    "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

Comment

Jon,

Can you explain more on how to revert, i.e. "right clicking" on products, well which products?

Sorry to seem dim.

Comment

Into the DESIGN | LIBRARY | LAYOUTS, not on your products. You need to grasp the use of layouts (templates), have a mooch in the library, will help you a great deal i'm sure.

Comment

No worries.

Design | Library | Layouts.

Browse through the list of layouts until you find the ones I mentioned. Right click and select "revert to factory settings".

I went on to your site and if the settings are as you say they are then VAT should be shown. The fact that it is not means that something in your layouts has been removed or changed. Reverting will result in the layouts returning to their original, healthy selves.

If reverting the layouts doesn't solve your problem then you will have to start again or get a professional out to you to take a look. Actinic support will not be able to assist as you have altered the factory defaults.

Just a thought but did you bugger around with the scripts contained in the sites1 folder by any chance?

Comment

Ok... did a revert as instructed and nada.

I'm kinda not surprises as i did not really mess with them, all i did was create a new base template. It's almost as if the VAT is switched off on the entire site as opposed to just not being displayed on the products and product sections... seriously scratching my head ATM.

Comment

Select the checkbox to highlight any changed layouts and just check against that to make sure. It may have been a bug or a mistake you didn't realise. Once you have removed the layout problems, its is then onto the settings (especially the tax tab) and then finally the database. Process of elimination unfortunately on strange uncommon problems.

Comment

Just to close... thanks for all your help.

Of course it would of been best if I didnt have all the products set to Zero Rated VAT

Cheers.

Comment

he he he

at least your big enough to admit it, and thank you for letting us know, now i can get some sleep, i was up all night

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
                    i was up all night
                    My harddrive crashed at 8pm last night and I was on a search and rescue mission until 6am! Nothing to do with prices, layouts, div tags, scripts or any of the other actinicy nonsense I'm afraid.

Folk... SR... not sure what to call you. Glad that you managed to sort it and good on you for playing with Actinic, it really is a fun piece of SW once you get the hang of it but please, please try and remember where you play around so that you can fix it if you break it.
                    Not saying that you consciously made the Zero Rated change (actinic is a bit finiky and making a change in one place can have several repercussions). But by remembering what you did, you will be able to step backwards and isolate the error via a process of elimination.

Comment

Working...
                    X