Previewing back to `where you were`

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Previewing back to `where you were`

I'm sure I'd a tweak that made this work in v7.

Say you're working on a page with a few products on. You change the image of the one at the bottom of the page, click apply. After hesitating (gggrrrr) the preview window will show the updated page, but at the top. Anything can be done to make it show the product you are working on as opposed to `going back to the top` each time?
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

I'm sure someone else posted about this a while ago but I'm not sure there was a solution.

could be wrong though

Editted to add .....3000th post....w00t!!
    Tracey

Comment

I used to have it on our live v7 site, much better for people looking at a list on a lengthy page. I'll have a look back at v7 later and see if I can suss what I had to do.
      Football Heaven

Comment

confused me a bit too..but I think G does mean working IN Actinic itself..not on site

The thread I'd seen before is HERE

doesn't help much though..it more related to the design, I think, rather than the products although the principle is probably the same
        Tracey

Comment

My first post is correct... I'd like the preview view to return to `where it was`... although, as I said, I also had an adjustment done so the live site in v7 did the same (ie returned a shopper to `where they were`).

I meant that I'd have a look later at an old installation (v7) and see if the tweak that made it happen live also made it happen in the preview window.

I sure hope thats a little clearer!

Thanks for taking the time to reply though.
          Football Heaven

Comment

Ok, v7 time.

Say you had a page of twenty items in a list, a shopper could be at the tenth one, add it to their basket, and get re-directed to exactly where they were (ie: at the tenth one, halfway down the page).

This wee tweak may actually have made it to the AUG (for v7).
            Football Heaven

Comment

that's not going to help with the preview pane offline though, G

You realise, if you had single product pages, that wouldn't be a problem

*ducks and runs*
              Tracey

Comment

Just re-opened v7 on another machine. I can confirm that the preview window does go to the `proper place` (not to the top) after adjustments.

Have to find the v7 mod now... fingers crossed it can be used in v8. Without killing it that is.
                Football Heaven

Comment

I will find this, I will.
                  Football Heaven

Comment

if sods law kicks in you'll be looking for an hour and then realise it was something obvious all along.
                    Peblaco

Comment

George,

This does this correctly with us, have you got <a name="<Actinic:Variable Name="EncodedProductAnchor"/>"></a> in your product layouts? It should jump to this anchor.
                      Cheers

David
                      Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Originally posted by dave_finlayson
                        George,

This does this correctly with us, have you got <a name="<Actinic:Variable Name="EncodedProductAnchor"/>"></a> in your product layouts? It should jump to this anchor.
                        Yep, thats already there Dave.

Have looked through the AUG's for v6 and v7 and cannot find it for the previous version(s). Strange.
                        Football Heaven

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco
                          if sods law kicks in you'll be looking for an hour and then realise it was something obvious all along.
                          I know its something above me, possibly a line replacement in actinic.pm or something. Its todays mission... official!
                          Football Heaven

Comment

Did you solve it G.?

Comment

Sadly not fella. Spent ages going through various v7 searches on here, even though a lot of my own threads and posts. Did find an adjustment by kermy that I thought might have done it but the change had not been made to our v7 site so couldn't have been that one.

It is strange that it works okay for Dave in v8 though, did think about phoning support but its not really a `problem` is it, more of a customisation? I did find another Actinic site from here last week with lengthy pages that would also benefit (imho) from the tweak.

Add this to our mini-cart not emptying after order, upgrading to using a (proper) psp, looking into this page per item business (without actually having a page per item), a couple more wee niggles, and you'll notice the Actinic sun sure ain't shining too brightly for us these days.

I will sort this one though, I promise. Hopefully soon. I still maintain it was added to the AUG as well, but can't find it. Proof of madness or what?

('site does have that line that Dave mentions by default, but there maybe something ain't looking for it? *sighs*)
                              Football Heaven

Comment

Working...
                              X