No announcement yet.

Enter store link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Louise. I've done it and you're right (are you ever wrong?) and it doesn't show up.

(Can't be bothered with rugby - I know those tight shorts are enough for the girls, but blokes, they have to be actually interested in the game)

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco
      That's tantamount to a thread bump, they'll have you for that. You do know the rugby semi-final was on this evening?
      Errmm, a few minutes makes a big difference on a forum, while you're thinking what to say.

But the rugby finished over an hour ago, when 'er indoors went up the wooden hill in a huff, & I'm still here (I wasn't watching it - what they say 'hooligans game played by gentlemen' or is it the other way round?)

[EDIT] Search all posts by Bradley - aahh, that explains a lot. Sorry. [/EDIT]
      Paul
      Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Just to clarify on what Louise, Lee and Tracey touched on. Brad, take note.

There is no excuse for not being able to test how your site will look, feel and react when live. It is good practice to test your site completely before making it live. This includes multi-browser testing (a lesson I learnt right here in these forums). There are several ways to achieve this:

1. Page Preview & Full Site Preview - These will render your page or site so that you can view it in your default browser and therefore see how it will appear online. None of the scripts will work though, so you will be unable to test the search and your cart. To test the page / site in a different browser, browse through to the PreviewHTML folder in your sites folder, right click on P_index.html and select open with.

2. Actinic trial hosting. Upload your entire site to the Actinic trial server and view your site there. This is limited to 30 days though so be quick and try to sort your entire sight out within the 30 days.

3. Purchase a domain with a hosting package and upload. You could opt to upload in test mode or create a robots.txt file that restricts all spiders from crawling your site. In this way, you could have everything looking and feeling like the summer sun before your site gets crawled and indexed.

4. Probably the most overlooked yet most effective solution of all. Set up a localhost server as detailed in the AUG. This will allow you to upload locally and do all the tests, changes and uploads you like without ever incurring a single expense. All the page names will be exactly as they would be online with the exception of your domain. Instead of http:// www. what ever .co.uk/acatalog, you will have http:// localhost / acatalog.

Using a combination of these four methods will allow you to see and test your entire site from the landing page right through to the receipt page.

Being able to test your site completely is invaluable to you.
        "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

Comment

Loouiiise!

I've tried changing the colours around and nothing. Could it be because I'm using a clean layout? I can't click on it in the design tab because there's nothing to click on.

Jsnow, thanks for the info, but whats all that about robots and spiders?

Comment

No, I can't sleep lately, and I don't know why.

I'm using clean layout 13 with best seller header and my own colour scheme which is blue on a white background with a bit of grey. Product list layout is 'Product List with Horizontal Dividers'.

Comment

I've tried that and it gives me dividers but between sections, not products. To be honest, it's not that important; just would have helped to tidy things up.

Comment

Working...
              X