Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate Page Names

OK i never knew actinic could do this, but it did

whilst working on a new site layout (release pending) i was having real problems with my products not showing online, they looked fine in the actinic preview window and offline page preview. I spent ages trying to find the problem, i checked layouts, then checked everything again. Then i spotted it

Actinic managed to create the same file name, example mypage.html twice obviously one of these pages had the products in it with SPP's and the other had nothing actinic obviously uploaded the page with bugger all in it.

So i thought i would share this with you guys, i case someone else ever has a similar experience.

The cause, not totally sure but i remember it crashing whilst messing with sections. I restarted and carried on, it was probably the next day before i noticed so can not be 100% it was the cause

D

It warns of this on upload IME.

Comment

Guess what Lee

It dont warn either, thats why i missed it and spent ages trying to sort it out

D

Comment

That is strange, i bet it would if you refreshed instead of uploaded, at least it always has for me.
        Real pants if it doesn't, that's for sure.

Comment

Could you accidentally have a "mypage.html" in your Site folder. If so, Actinic seems to upload that.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

OK i will do some screen prints later

but actinic really has ignored the duplicate names, they are there as plan as day in the tree

and nope i deleted the test site from the server and and did a new upload so cant be that Lee

Its not an issue as i know the problem exists and how to sort it

D

Comment

OK

had a spare couple of mins, see attached screen dump

D
              Attached Files

Comment

If you did web/refresh and not update, i would be astonished if you did not get warned of this during the upload procedure, unless you have an add on (mole possibly) that has been told to ignore messages.

Comment

Lee no moles no messages, honest gov

ok so i broke it, but at least i fixed it though

Comment

Comment

Its the file name not the page name that makes the difference. So you can have the same page name as long as the file name is different

Comment

Hi Malc

It is the file names that are the same, the image shows the duplicates, not just one file name either

D

Comment

It is the file names that are the same
                          If that is the case then there is a problem - as lee says in that case actinic should warn you when they are created and when uploading. I can confirm my copy does as I just did it by mistake yesterday and actinic warned me immediately.

Comment

Working...
                          X