No announcement yet.

Site deployment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lols, pick up your toys and put them back in the pram sir!

a quick search of the forum would reveal that I headshot people all the time. its how i say hi.

isnt there a popup somewhere that asks you if you want to deactivate trial hosting at install time?

we always get gruff with people who havent looked into it.

would you, for example, expect to understand 3D studio max the frist time you loaded it up?

more importantly, they teach actinic at university? omg, do they want some lecturers? we got ourselves a whole thread of em here.

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe
      more importantly, they teach actinic at university?
      Unless it is a sponsorship deal this is very surprising .. although there have been posts on here before about using it for projects... you would have thought they would be teaching how to code carts in PHP from scratch.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I'm off to punch myself in the nose and then complain my nose is bleeding.
        See y'all
        x

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe
          lols, pick up your toys and put them back in the pram sir!

a quick search of the forum would reveal that I headshot people all the time. its how i say hi.

isnt there a popup somewhere that asks you if you want to deactivate trial hosting at install time?

we always get gruff with people who havent looked into it.

would you, for example, expect to understand 3D studio max the frist time you loaded it up?

more importantly, they teach actinic at university? omg, do they want some lecturers? we got ourselves a whole thread of em here.
          Almost unbelievable. Last year I could not finish that class as I was abroad, this year the lecture was changed and he is now teatching Actinic.

MeTitus

Comment

Originally posted by MeTitus
            this year the lecture was changed and he is now teaching Actinic.
            Check the local car parks for any suspect swapping of brown paper bags containing money.

Comment

Originally posted by jont
              Unless it is a sponsorship deal this is very surprising .. although there have been posts on here before about using it for projects... you would have thought they would be teaching how to code carts in PHP from scratch.
              The actual programm is this:

E-models: benefits, limitations
              E-technology infrastructures
              Setting up a Dotcom
              Back Office design
              Business launch approaches
              E-marketing and CRM
              E-cash and payment systems
              Forming e-contracts
              E-commerce copyright/trademark issues
              E-commerce data privacy issues
              Internet threats to messages
              Encryption techniques and PKI
              Denial-of-Service Attacks
              Firewalls and Routers
              Malicious Code and Intruders
              Network Traffic Security
              E-crime and forensics
              E-technology Security Policy

I don't see any reference to Actinic there... to bad.

MeTitus

Comment

Hi gabrielcrowe,

I understand your point, I was just trying to start with something as fast as I could. Like I said spear time is something I really don't have... By the way I could'n not found any way to disable that trial host only mode.

Thanks,

MeTitus

Comment

I could'n not found any way to disable that trial host only mode.
                  web | network setting | Convert

Comment

MeTitus. Gabe is spot on. When you install the trial version you are given the option of actinic trial hosting or setup for use with your own hosting.

Un-Install and re-install to get the option.

[EDIT] Or do it the easy way * walks off feeling sheepish * [/EDIT]
                    "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

Comment

Un-Install and re-install to get the option
                      You dont need to its available to convert to user hosting in the network settings

Comment

Like I said spear time is something I really don't have
                        just be careful how you post as you will find there are very few people who are going to do your project for you.

As a community there are alot of people here who will help out, but the overriding philosophy is to help those who clearly want to help themselves.

Comment

Like I said spear time is something I really don't have
                          As jo says do the work yourself - this forum is well indexed by google and it would not be to hard to search for students using it to do thier project.

By all means post if you hit a complex problem but asking basic questions that are in the manual will only wind people up - also remember that if you are using actinic trial space then why not pick up the phone and call them for help (novel idea I know but you must have a phone!)

Comment

I think this thread's a wind-up.
                            Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

I wonder who it could be.....

Comment

Originally posted by JSnow
                                MeTitus. Gabe is spot on. When you install the trial version you are given the option of actinic trial hosting or setup for use with your own hosting.

Un-Install and re-install to get the option.

[EDIT] Or do it the easy way * walks off feeling sheepish * [/EDIT]
                                That's what I did, but that option didn't come up. I'll look into that later on.

Thanks,

MeTitus

Comment

Working...
                                X