Site Review - V8.5.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren B
    I will leave it for a bit longer as im sure someone else with have some suggestions
    Not really that many......

It's a nice, clean effective site IMO.

Although, being nit picky, my personal feeling is that there is a slight bit of colour burn with the green. A little on the "bright" side perhaps?
    Also, the flash header with floating clouds.....
    I could see this being VERY effective if it had a kite moving subtley about in it, however unless the look can be seamlessley blended into the background image I would just op for either static clouds or some alternating javascript image rotation if required.

Oh, and as a power kiter I think your site would greatly benefing from a HUGE discount off your 4M and 5M Peter Lynn Pepper Kites - that would definately get some people buying.
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

and as a power kiter I think your site would greatly benefing from a HUGE discount off your ..................
      i think Fergus has made a very valid point here

Comment

Very nice Dazza, bit long winded on the index page, I would prolly break it up and entice them in with tasters...your hot prods will never get seen?

JMTC

(Love the colour scheme my son, love it)
        Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
        Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Darren - my guess is that you're not French.... in which case you don't want to spell equipment with too many "e's"

Agree previous comments about too much text on the home page. I think it needs splitting out.

You also have three "bits" for About Us. There's a bit about you on the home page; there's also a bit about you on its own page and there's a bit about you on the Terms page (info.html). Found that a bit confusing.

Also, on the Contact Us page, the County field is asterisked but in black - should it be orange?

Good design - like the graphics.
          Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
          SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
          Based in rural Northants

Comment

Originally posted by fergusw
            Oh, and as a power kiter I think your site would greatly benefing from a HUGE discount off your 4M and 5M Peter Lynn Pepper Kites - that would definately get some people buying.
            Fergus / Jo im sure we can look at these prices, obviously for special clients there is always things that can be done

As for the rest of the comments, i shall spend a little time going through these and i thank you all, as for the about us, hmmm i knew there were 2 as i had to create one quickly, because the great designer gave me a tab on the right hand side but i had no page, and i actually forgot to link to create a new page and link it to that to replace what was there

Contact us page, must have missed that, added some new fields and never changed the colour

Thanks Darren

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
              Its a gradient Darren, you specify the starting colour and the ending colour and the rest is then done for you in PS for example. It will be a repeating background i would imagine. You take a little slice of it and then repeat it along the x axis.
              Thanks Lee

I only have PS on the mac, and i never turn it on unless i really have to

Very nice Dazza, bit long winded on the index page, I would prolly break it up and entice them in with tasters...your hot prods will never get seen?

JMTC
              I have edited the home page and reduced the page length a far bit. As well editing the some of the existing text so that should help.

Goz although my name has some french influence i am not french and have removed the extra e thanks for that

Thank You all
              D

Comment

Thank you all for your comments and if you have more then please let me know. I still have a few to work on and will do as and when i get time to fit them in.

OK the designer- some of you know who it is some of you dont but i honestly believed i made the right choice when i contact this person and we ran through a few things, He does not just listen to the client he also talks to other people discusses his ideas and get feed back, market research if you like. Some would never dream of this and believe there way is the only way but ths person is always open to suggestions and in my eyes not having to battle with someone makes a great change. He has an idea and he works on it, i actually felt he really enjoys it and does not just see it as a job, maybe a passion for it, something that is rarely seen.

I am really please with the results and all i can do is thank

JONT
                You should be proud of this and if you ever need me to endorse your services please let me know.

D

Comment

OK i have shortened a few pages, moved some menu items from right to left added and deleted some pages, just adjustments, and had a good play with some green screen images we took friday, thought i would create a new guide on how to tie a larks head knot, so anyone want to have a go please let me know if you can follow it

Still got work to do, i have not managed to line the right hand side up yet but thats probably more to do with me not being brave enough to mess with too much.

Anymore suggestions greatfully accepted., thanks for what i have so far

D

Comment

i actually felt he really enjoys it and does not just see it as a job, maybe a passion for it, something that is rarely seen.
                    Spend time designing Actinic into CSS or sit talking to the MiL... Actinic wins out every time

Thanks for the kind words Darren - I am really pleased you are happy with the new site.

Bikster
                    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
                      Spend time designing Actinic into CSS or sit talking to the MiL... Actinic wins out every time

Thanks for the kind words Darren - I am really pleased you are happy with the new site.
                      Hey i thought you moved to get rid of the MiL, and yep very pleased with the site thanks Jont, as i said still messing, going to play with a fragment layout, cant quit get what i want so going to break my own lol

D

Comment

Hey i thought you moved to get rid of the MiL
                        Luckily (for her) we saved her bacon again at the 11th hour so looks like she is here for the foreseeable future! I am just too nice

going to play with a fragment layout
                        Don't forget the side bars are floated so in any fragments you need to take care of any CSS "clears" you are looking to introduce.. especially in IE6 as it will kill the layout.

Bikster

Comment

Luckily (for her) we saved her bacon again at the 11th hour so looks like she is here for the foreseeable future! I am just too nice
                          To nice for your own good if you ask me

Don't forget the side bars are floated so in any fragments you need to take care of any CSS "clears" you are looking to introduce.. especially in IE6 as it will kill the layout.
                          Oooh thanks for that, ermm maybe i might leave it a little, i have mad a minor thweak to and existing one, i might just look at this later then, CSS / ME not the best combination, and besides i still trying to trackdown ie6, got it on a pc here somewhere but dont use it that often lol

D

Comment

besides i still trying to trackdown ie6, got it on a pc here somewhere but dont use it that often lol

D
                            Jo posted a link to a site where you could download all previous versions of IE as standalone browsers.
                            I've downloaded them and they work really well. I'll try to find the thread

ok..found the post HERE
                            Tracey

Comment

Thanks Tracey

D

Comment

Darren - send me an email with what is happening in IE6 and on what page. It was tested under IE6 so it must a specific combination causing any issues.

Bikster

Comment

Working...
                                X