Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catalog Freezes

Hello!

Let me apologize in advance since I cat find the answer to my question within searching Forum pages.

I'm a U.S. Catalog user and my customers are not getting a Receipt page/email confirmation after entering their credit card details and hitting the next button while in the Checkout process.

Also, I have not been receiving my customer order email confirmations either.

When I try to run a Network Setup or a Test within the Wizard, Catalog just freezes at the point where it's Checking the Email Server and Email Address and I have to manually shut it down.

Here are my errors that I seem to be getting:

[2007-12-12 13:32:27]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/jmichael/public_html/cgi-bin/ActinicSimple.pl5)
    [2007-12-12 13:32:22]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/jmichael/public_html/cgi-bin/ActinicSimple.cgi)
    [2007-12-12 13:32:18]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/jmichael/public_html/cgi-bin/ActinicSimple.cgi)
    [2007-12-12 13:32:16]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/jmichael/public_html/cgi-bin/ActinicSimple.cgi)
    [2007-12-12 13:32:13]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/jmichael/public_html/cgi-bin/ActinicSimple.cgi)
    [2007-12-12 13:32:10]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/jmichael/public_html/cgi-bin/ActinicSimple.cgi)
    [2007-12-12 13:32:07]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/jmichael/public_html/cgi-bin/ActinicSimple.cgi)
    [2007-12-12 13:32:04]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/jmichael/public_html/cgi-bin/ActinicSimple.cgi)
    [2007-12-12 13:32:02]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/jmichael/public_html/cgi-bin/ActinicSimple.cgi)
    [2007-12-12 13:31:59]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/jmichael/public_html/cgi-bin/ActinicSimple.cgi)
    [2007-12-12 13:31:54]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/jmichael/public_html/cgi-bin/ActinicSimple.cgi)
    [2007-12-12 13:31:49]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/jmichael/public_html/cgi-bin/ActinicSimple.pl)
    [2007-12-12 13:31:46]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/jmichael/public_html/cgi-bin/ActinicSimple.pl)
    [2007-12-12 13:31:44]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/jmichael/public_html/cgi-bin/ActinicSimple.pl)
    [2007-12-12 13:31:42]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/jmichael/public_html/cgi-bin/ActinicSimple.pl)
    [2007-12-12 13:31:39]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/jmichael/public_html/cgi-bin/ActinicSimple.pl)
    [2007-12-12 13:31:32]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/jmichael/public_html/cgi-bin/ActinicSimple.pl)
    [2007-12-12 13:31:29]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/jmichael/public_html/cgi-bin/ActinicSimple.pl)
    [2007-12-12 13:31:26]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/jmichael/public_html/cgi-bin/ActinicSimple.pl)
    [2007-12-12 13:31:23]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/jmichael/public_html/cgi-bin/ActinicSimple.pl)
    [2007-12-12 13:31:20]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/jmichael/public_html/cgi-bin/ActinicSimple.pl)
    [2007-12-12 13:30:38]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/jmichael/public_html/cgi-bin/ActinicSimple.pl)
    [2007-12-12 13:30:25]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/jmichael/public_html/cgi-bin/ActinicBasicCgiTest.pl)
    [2007-12-12 13:30:17]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/jmichael/public_html/cgi-bin/ActinicBasicCgiTest.pl)

Although, I've tried everything that I could think of, any suggestion would be welcomed and appreciated!
    Last edited by MySweeper; 13-Dec-2007, 12:19 AM. Reason: Error logs
    Jeffrey Michael
    Choice Vacuum
    Bellevue, WA, USA
    www.mysweeper.com

I changed the Mail Server Permissions from 0755 to 0770 and it seems to have taken me a step further with the Wizard. Now I can get to the Mail Server settings window at least but it times out from there.

Update: I reverted back the permissions to 0755 because it did not seem to help. Sometimes I could get a step further and sometimes I could not.
    Jeffrey Michael
    Choice Vacuum
    Bellevue, WA, USA
    www.mysweeper.com

Comment

It looks like a permissions problem on the cgi-bin to me. The cgi-bin has to have permissions set to 755.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

The catalog permissions are set to 0777 and the Cgi-bin is at 0755.

I experienced the same problem last July and this time the issue fix that I used then does not work.

I haven't done anything but download orders.

Meaning; no new products, updates, etc.
        Jeffrey Michael
        Choice Vacuum
        Bellevue, WA, USA
        www.mysweeper.com

Comment

Originally posted by MySweeper
          ...the same problem last July and this time the issue fix that I used then does not work...
          What was the fix then?

Comment

I found my problem within the knowledge base.

It was something to do with a proxy as I recall.

Like I said, I have not changed anything within Catalog since.
            Jeffrey Michael
            Choice Vacuum
            Bellevue, WA, USA
            www.mysweeper.com

Comment

What's interesting, is that I cannot find either one of the following two files on the server within the cgi-bin.

/home/jmichael/public_html/cgi-bin/ActinicSimple.cgi
              /home/jmichael/public_html/cgi-bin/ActinicSimple.pl
              Jeffrey Michael
              Choice Vacuum
              Bellevue, WA, USA
              www.mysweeper.com

Comment

Okay, I'm able to send/retreive email directly through the server.

Why I'm not receiving order confirmations, I don't know.

Nor are my customers able to get a receipt page after clicking next within Catalog.

Signed:

Frustrated
                Jeffrey Michael
                Choice Vacuum
                Bellevue, WA, USA
                www.mysweeper.com

Comment

Jeffrey,

Do you know if the server requires authentication? If it does, then you need to get a username and a password from your Host and enter it in the email settings area of the 'Network Setup' pane. Apply changes and then test the settings again, if that works, refresh the site and then let us know.

Do you use a payment service provider to collect payment, if so, can you check the link you have on the success / failure page? When you say in 'catalog' where exactly do you mean?

Kind regards,
                  Bruce King
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
                    Jeffrey,

When you say in 'catalog' where exactly do you mean?

Kind regards,
                    Sorry!

Actually, I meant the Website.

Yes, the server requires authentication for which I use.

I had the exact same thing happen at the beginning of last July and thought I found my answer in the knowledge base.

Something to do with proxy settings but I don't use these settings because I have a single computer.
                    Jeffrey Michael
                    Choice Vacuum
                    Bellevue, WA, USA
                    www.mysweeper.com

Comment

Also, I accept credit cards directly but use PayPal too.

It's when customers click the next button after entering their cc details that the problem occurs.

When customers choose PayPal then click next, they get the PayPal page but still no email.

While trying to access checkout page 3, the catalog crashes and I get multiple runtime error messages.

I tried re-installing the Catalog but this does not work.
                      Jeffrey Michael
                      Choice Vacuum
                      Bellevue, WA, USA
                      www.mysweeper.com

Comment

Uninstalling 'Java Runtime Environment 6 Update 1' resolves the problem. (Go back to 5.xx)

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion but I tried that and it did not help.
                          Jeffrey Michael
                          Choice Vacuum
                          Bellevue, WA, USA
                          www.mysweeper.com

Comment

I'm in touch with support. Maybe they can help solve this issue. Appreciate those who have left suggestions.
                            Jeffrey Michael
                            Choice Vacuum
                            Bellevue, WA, USA
                            www.mysweeper.com

Comment

Update:

This turned out to be a Hosting issue. The Web server's security had become so tight that it was not allowing scripts to run properly. After mentioning that I was forced to switch Web hosters, they acted quickly and moved me to a new server. All is well as of today.

Many thanks to all that have helped trouble shoot this issue.
                              Jeffrey Michael
                              Choice Vacuum
                              Bellevue, WA, USA
                              www.mysweeper.com

Comment

Working...
                              X