No announcement yet.

problems with adjusting order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The order adjustment controls may be disabled for v8 orders if v9 is currently set to tax inclusive mode
    I remember now - that what I was tring to check in the beta and why I was told that v9 orders would not download into v8

Comment

Hi,

One for support I guess - I'm using V9.01 and still having problems with order adjustments. Each time I delete an order adjustment and Apply, the next time I open that order it is back again. Also, if I double click on an adjustment or try and view it, Actinic crashes with the message "Attempted to scroll past end or before beginning of data".

Paul

Comment

Hopefully this will be in the release due very soon

Comment

I hope so as not only does it make a mess of customer invoices, there is another problem that may or may not be connected - if I cancel a line item but ship all of the remaining items, the order will not complete as the system considers the order not to be 100% complete. In fact I have an orders pending page with a number of orders where the % complete will not tally with items shipped thus will not go to completed status. This has been especially a problem with MOTO orders for shop customers where at times the % shipped exceeds 100% as customers keep changing their mind on products and quantities! The MOTO form was our main reason for upgrading to V9 and has ended up being the root of most of our frustration especially the back ordering bug. Sorry, didn't mean to rant!

Comment

Hi Paul,

One for support I guess - I'm using V9.01 and still having problems with order adjustments. Each time I delete an order adjustment and Apply, the next time I open that order it is back again. Also, if I double click on an adjustment or try and view it, Actinic crashes with the message "Attempted to scroll past end or before beginning of data".
            I don't know if you've contacted support about this yet but are you able to check the ActinicCatalog.mdb database in Access and see if there are any blank values in the 'OrderDetailID' field in the 'Order Detail' table.
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracy

As it happens, I am at queue postion 3 at the moment and only been waiting half an hour so far. However, that is to discuss the more important issue of Actinic crashing when doing a snapshot. The only recovery from this is to power down the PC! Thank you for the tip regarding the 'OrderDetailID' field, I will check this out later.

Thanks

Paul

Comment

We are still having big problems with order adjustments in v9.01 app crashes and we have to compact and repair database to get up and running again. Can anyone at Actinic confirm that this is currently being addressed?

Comment

Hi John,

are you able to check the ActinicCatalog.mdb database in Access and see if there are any blank values in the 'OrderDetailID' field in the 'Order Detail' table
                  Can you confirm if you also have blank values?
                  Tracey
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by zmagyar View Post
                    The order adjustment controls may be disabled for v8 orders if v9 is currently set to tax inclusive mode. It is a restriction due to the incompatibility of tax inclusive and tax exclusive orders. The same will happen if you take tax inclusive orders in v9 and then switching back to tax exclusive. Orders placed in different taxation mode will not be editable.
                    ah!

I have about half a dozen orders, in my pending tab, that I need clearing now as they are dealt with but they're upgraded from 8.5.3 to 9.0.3 and, as our 9.0.3 is 'tax inclusive', the option to 'cancel' the orderlines is not available.

What is going to be the best way to clear these into 'completed' without messing up my figures?
                    Can I do manual adjustments? I'm not sure how to get it into the completed tab without making it 'full payment received' which, as cancelled orders, I can't do just by creating a payment (IYSWIM)

Stock isn't an issue here, btw, I'm just concerned that, if I make manual adjustments to clear the orders, it might mess with my sales reports?

Can I cancel the orderlines via the database?
                    Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracey,

Can you temporarily switch to Tax Exclusive mode and make the change to the order and then switch back to Tax Inclusive mode (backup your site before you do this, obviously).
                      Tracey
                      SellerDeck

Comment

ok, I wondered about that
                        Presumably that won't 'damage' anything else then?
                        Tracey

Comment

Presumably that won't 'damage' anything else then?
                          I can't see how it would damage anything else. Any orders placed in Tax Inclusive mode will be left at that, you just won't be able to make some changes in them while in Tax Exclusive mode. Product prices are fixed and won't change because of it, same with Shipping. You just have to remember to switch back to Tax Exclusive before your next upload and, as mentioned, take a backup beforehand (although I know that you will). If you are worried about it could you maybe try creating a new test site and importing your snapshot to try it out before doing it on your live site?
                          Tracey
                          SellerDeck

Comment

excellent
                            I'll try it on my backup snapshot first anyway before doing it on the live machine
                            It's just a bunch of about 7 or 8 old orders that need cancelling/clearing so it'll be a 10 minute job then we can switch back.
                            Great news (first I've had today!! LOL)
                            Thanks
                            Tracey

Comment

Working...
                            X