No announcement yet.

Stock Levels not Updating in V9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks TraceyG , I've submitted the form.

Widdy - I suggest you do the same so they can see both our snapshots if needed for comparison.
    http://www.strawberry-tiger.co.uk
    Practical parenting products for babies and toddlers covering safety, development, sun protection, clothing, health, bedroom, nursery, travel, etc.

Comment

For anyone else with this problem, we have found an issue with the stock not being updated for PSP orders. It looks like something has been broken due to another fix. It is scheduled to be fixed in v9.0.2. I'm sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused, but the workaround is as previously reported to tick the 'allocate stock for PSP pending orders' in 'Settings | Business Settings | Options'.
      Tracey
      SellerDeck

Comment

hmmm..ok
        let me fix up protx so I can take a live test order (YKWIM!) and we'll see then.
        I hadn't bothered messing with the protx key just to test it (it'll only overwrite when I import the next snapshot from V8 anyway!) so had been testing with all other payment methods.
        I hadn't realised this problem was restricted to PSP paid orders.

I'll go do the 'Protx Key song and dance' and report back!
        Tracey

Comment

oh good grief!

actually, it's doubly bad because, while it doesn't DEDUCT stock when an order comes in, if you CANCEL an orderline, it DOES increase it!

oh well
          I was actually thinking about upgrading with the release of a fix for the max qty on associated products.
          I'll stick with my half-buggy 8.5.3 instead then
          Tracey

Comment

Cancelling is a problem if you don't apply the workaround but if you do it's not so bad as it works the same as it did in the past.

Trouble is it's royally messed up my stock levels before I spotted it and no doubt will get a few others.

TraceyG - can you give any timescales for Version 9.0.2 please?
            Practical parenting products for babies and toddlers covering safety, development, sun protection, clothing, health, bedroom, nursery, travel, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand
              I'll stick with my half-buggy 8.5.3 instead then
              Lol is that as opposed to the full buggy V9.0.1

TraceyG - can you give any timescales for Version 9.0.2 please?
              Dont hold your breath, there is a few fixes needed and the hole update has to do the beta rounds before release, and of course there will be the new features and PSP's

D

Comment

You know I think us early adopters should get some sort of beta testing discount.

The physical lost time for me on this with all the stock re-checking I now have to do is major nuisance.

Comment

Unfotunately John this is the same as always, if you ever what an easy life then you need to wait at least 6 months after a new version is released. I guess some of us are always too impatient to wait. Mind you i have a habit of breaking things

D

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
                    . Mind you i have a habit of breaking things

D
                    admitting it now then?

This is the reason why most people will wait a significant period of time, after release, before upgrading.

I have to admit I didn't come across this problem when I beta tested but I guess you'd have to do a significant number of 'live payment' orders in order to notice an anomoly in stock levels and, in testing, this just doesn't happen.

Unfortunately, a good number of release version users DO become guinea pigs.
                    If you're upgrading, of course, you have a choice to upgrade straight away or wait for the dust to settle.

It's the new users I feel sorry for. They don't get much choice in the matter!

That aside, yes, I know it works like it did pre-8.5.2 again now.
                    Personally, I think I'll stick with 8.5.3 (with it's own little foibles lol) for a bit longer.

I hope your stock take isn't too painful. I have to thank you for finding the bug actually because, trust me, if I'd upgraded and then found it, this post would contain many MANY harsh words LOL and the whole WORLD would know how I felt
                    Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand
                      admitting it now then?
                      Everyone keeps telling me i do so i have to believe them in the end, personally im still not convinced its me but who am i to argue with the masses

D

Comment

Hi all

We're going to be bringing forward our next planned maintenance release by a few weeks to fix this issue, and a few others that have been found in the field. So there will be a solution for this soon.

Comment

Hmmm bet this has more to do with the AP bug than anythign else

any site of GC yet

D

Comment

Our recent v9 upgrade just hangs at the Updating stock levels dialog box now. We have to cancel at that point but no stock levels are being updated on our site at all. Shortly that's going to become a major issue

Comment

Hi Mark,

If this is with the 9.0.2 beta can you report it to v9.beta@actinic.co.uk please.
                              Tracey
                              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                              X