No announcement yet.

Ask for telephone number at checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you so much for your help. However, that was mentioned (post 4) and as I say, it doesn't seem to change anything I go back to checkout page 1 and nothing has changed.

Comment

Then your layout must have been named differently.

What is your layout name when you view the attached?
      Attached Files

Comment

Yep, mine seems to be the same as yours.... see attached image.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.gif
Views:	1
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	542461

Comment

Do you see the pink underlined text for that layout as per the examples, you haven't once provided an image of that area and that is the key. If your list of pink underlined links does not have it included, then add it by starting to type the name, actinic with fill the rest for you. Once added if it doesn't show, close actinic and then restart. Why would anyone ever want to remove this field in the first place anyway, that's crackers.

Comment

OK, I didn't realise I needed to show that bit. Sorry.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen03.gif
Views:	1
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	542462

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
              Why would anyone ever want to remove this field in the first place anyway, that's crackers.
              We all make mistakes don't we

Comment

Originally posted by D for Dog
                We all make mistakes don't we
                You're right Jenny we do and I make as many as anyone else. I'm not sure how you take a phone number off by mistake though, to me it is one of the very most important items to have. Anyway lets not debate that.

The following need to all be in place:

The pink underlined layout link as per the example - check
                That layout needs to be reverted to factory standard - ????
                In design-text-Web Site (cont), invoice phone number needs to have both checkboxes ticked - ????

After the above 3 parts have been completed, close actinic and then reopen it and check to see if it has appeared. If not report back.

Comment

I'm not sure how you take a phone number off by mistake though, to me it is one of the very most important items to have.
                  I didn't do it by mistake. I did it on purpose. I didn't think I would need it and I thought people might feel annoyed at having to give their phone number.

Doh.

To be fair, I have got by OK for 2 years without it but Royal Mail is so pants these days that some larger items now go by courier, so I need the customers phone numbers after all.

I did loads of things to my Actinic when I first set it up but I hardly go into the gubbins since then, so it all seems like scary spaghetti to me

Comment

The following need to all be in place:

The pink underlined layout link as per the example - check
                    That layout needs to be reverted to factory standard - ????
                    In design-text-Web Site (cont), invoice phone number needs to have both checkboxes ticked - ????

After the above 3 parts have been completed, close actinic and then reopen it and check to see if it has appeared. If not report back.
                    Right... off to try that then

Comment

I did loads of things to my Actinic when I first set it up but I hardly go into the gubbins since then, so it all seems like scary spaghetti to me
                      I totally agree, the checkout area is a well scary area, I steer clear as much as possible as it can be broken so easily.

PS - you can make the telephone number not mandatory but still available to be filled out if you like halfway houses, personally I like a number at all times, its key to good customer service IMO. People sometimes don't check email for weeks, they rarely ignore their phone unless they are dodgy in the first place IMO.

Comment

Guess what..... it worked Thank you.

It was those two boxes for phone number. I had them unticked

At first it didn't look like it made any difference so I closed and re-opened Actinic as you suggested and there it was

Yippeeeeeeee.

Thank you.

Comment

* does silly dance *

Comment

* does silly dance *
                            Naked or dressed?
                            Good ending, woot!!

Comment

woot woot... sure was.

Phew, I always make these things so tough