ordering a non-product... read on pls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
    kids still bouncing in the garden here. Makes a change for us northerners to have good weather while you southerners drown!
    I'll second that!
    I might not be quite a 'northerner' but we've had no rain today and have spent the day outside.
    Bit blustery at times but certainly nice enough to enjoy being outdoors all day! (as much as I ever enjoy being surrounded by hundreds of other people 'enjoying the outdoors' anyway...been at an under 10s theme park all day!)
    Tracey

Comment

I've been thinking a bout this recently - customer specified price. A way of letting people purchase items that aren't for sale on the site, but you could sell. E.g. A customer calls up to ask if you have Item X, you don't, but you know you can get Item X from a supplier.

My idea so far is to create a new product list with its own layout, removing the prices, pictures etc and adding single add to cart button...

Then place the quantity boxes next to each other. Set product A's value to £1 and set B up as £0.01. Then you can refer a customer to the page (which you probably want to hide and set a nice redirect to, e.g. domain.com/notlisted)

make it look as though the pounds and pence should be entered in the relevant boxes, and get them to fill out how much they owe. You see the order, complete with address, details etc. so if they owe £31.95, you would see an order for 31 ITEM As and 95 ITEM bs

Of course those of you with virtual terminal or similar could use that, but this way its all nicely integrated with actinic.
      http://www.itwiz.co.uk

http://www.AntiV.net - The Discount Antivirus Store

Comment

We occasionally get requests for an ad hoc payment and offer this only with Paypal or Nochex. Both of these allow the user to specify the amount and then link to go and pay. We have a separate domain specifically for this (paysecurely.co.uk) but you could add the simple code into any pages you want.

Comment

Working...
        X