Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to define size for a zone in product details

Hi
    I need to add some variables in a zone in the product details section (probably into the zone properties). I would like to increase the higher for this zone, so I will not have to use the vertical scroll bar to reach the variable.
    Is it possible to do this and how ?
    Thanks
    Didier
    www.supreme.fr

Hi Didier,

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are wanting to do. Could you explain further please.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey
      In the product details zone, I have two sub menu : product and attribute.
      On the sub menu Product, I have some variables used to define the zoom of the image (popheight, popwidth etc). I would like to add some more variables on this zone : each variable needs 1 line, so when I add variable there is no sufficient room on the windows to see all the variables, and I have to use a vertical scroll bar to reach them.
      So when I need to add information on the variables, for each of them I need to use the scroll bar and then add the information.
      So if it possible to modify the higher for this zone, I would not need to use the scroll bar and can do the job quicker.
      Thanks
      Didier
      www.supreme.fr

Comment

Its a failing in Actinic Didier, the designers didn't really think of users when they did it. There are numerous instances of the same frustrating process. If all of your variables are not applicable on each product, you may find that setting up categories can help. Set categories, define on each variable under which category it should show and then set the category on the product. That will limit the variables to only those you need to see.

It is often also a good idea to have your own new tab, so just your variables exist on the tab IMO, i.e. don't use an existing one already half full.

Comment

Thank you Lee.
          All the varaibales are applicable to each product ! So probably better, as you propose to add a new tab. How can I do this ?
          Thanks
          Didier
          www.supreme.fr

Comment

In the Edit Variable window there is a "New Tab" button.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman
              Do you mean in the Design / Library / Variables ? I don't see it !
              Didier
              www.supreme.fr

Comment

There is a new tab button halfway down when you open up an existing variable. If you don't see it i suspect you are using catalog, which doesn't provide the facility to create tabs. You will need someone to create you a design snapshot with the new tab within.

Comment

I use Actinic Business version 8.5.1 HFUA.
                  When I open Design / Library / Variables and open of of the variables, I doesn't see the "New Tab" button.
                  Is it reaaly impossible with Actinic Business to do this ?
                  Didier
                  www.supreme.fr

Comment

It shows on my business version, i am using 8.5.2

Comment

Perhaps I'm not looking at the right place. Can you check the attached document, screen copy of where I'm looking at.
                      Thanks
                      Attached Files
                      Didier
                      www.supreme.fr

Comment

You are in the right place, perhaps it is only available in multisite and designer versions then, can't think why though. You can import a design snapshot with a tab created for you, so all is not lost, you'd need to provide your variable name and the tab name you want, some kind soul can do a design snapshot for you then.

Comment

If Tracey or somebody else from the Actinic support see this thread, perhaps they can tell me if this possibility exists in the version 8.5.2 mono site (so I can upgrade to this version), or if I need to change something on the 8.51 to get it.
                          Didier
                          www.supreme.fr

Comment

v851 and v852 both have the 'New Tab' in my machines. Seems there must be something strange for your setup.

I do remember this being mentioned in the forum before some time ago though.

Comment

It seems strange effectively !
                              Is there somebody to help me about this, probably a problem on the setting
                              Thanks in advance
                              Didier
                              www.supreme.fr

Comment

Working...
                              X