No announcement yet.

How to define size for a zone in product details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have the 'new tab' option in Catalog.
    I suspect it's only for designer/multisite sites?
    Tracey

Comment

Strangely though I believe Didier has Business.

Comment

yes, he did mention that. Perhaps it's specific to Multisite (and designer) though?
        No idea why...I'm sure it was on the forum fairly recently though with someone else experiencing the same problem
        Tracey

Comment

Hi. Yes I have the Business 8.5 version.
          I try to find on the forum, but doesn't see anything interesting.
          The only thing I find is the information on the Actinic version 8 release note, nov 2007 : "can also create a new tab to present the variable in the user interface"
          Didier
          www.supreme.fr

Comment

Didier, provide a screenshot of the variable you have setup and the name of the tab you would like, it's probably easier to just do you a design snapshot with them in.

Comment

Hi attached is the screenshot with the variables i would like to get on my new tab : the name for the tab is : Export.
              Thanks
              Attached Files
              Didier
              www.supreme.fr

Comment

Dieder,

Go to 'Design | Library' and select one of the variables you want to appear on this panel by double clicking it, go to the area called 'Panel Name' and click on 'New Panel' and give it the name you want, you can then select this panel name from the drop down for the rest.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King, Mole End Software Support
                Integrated label paper for Actinic A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels.
                One Stop Automation Automate Actinic. Mole End Automation works while you play.
                Mole End Product Mash for Actinic A suite of marketing feeds for your Actinic Store

Actinic Upgrade and Design Service

Comment

Yes I saw that, and thought it can resolve my problem. So I did this for one product, but when I went to another product the bottom line came to the same place, with the same size for the window !
                  Didier
                  www.supreme.fr

Comment

I realised that the previous suggestion would not solve your issue so, i changed the above post.
                    Bruce King, Mole End Software Support
                    Integrated label paper for Actinic A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels.
                    One Stop Automation Automate Actinic. Mole End Automation works while you play.
                    Mole End Product Mash for Actinic A suite of marketing feeds for your Actinic Store

Actinic Upgrade and Design Service

Comment

Hi
                      When I go to 'Design | Library' ,select the variables Iwant to appear on this panel, I do not have area called 'Panel Name' : Only have Tab Name, and on it no option for New Tab !
                      Didier
                      www.supreme.fr

Comment

Backup before you try this and then import the below design snapshot, hopefully that sets it up for you. Change the file ending from .zip to .acd before you import it. You will of course need to change the variables to now sit on the new tab name.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Lee. I changed the ending of the file to Act_DesignExport.acd, then import snapshot (File / Snapshot / Import Site) and get this fatal error :
                          Exceptions - fatal errors
                          (File SnapshotWizard.cpp, Line 1090) - An attempt was made to access an unnamed file past its end.
                          Perhaps I didn't import in the good way ?
                          Didier
                          www.supreme.fr

Comment

I just tried the process my end and it worked perfectly Didier, so i suspect you have not renamed the file correctly. To clarify i changed it from didier.zip to didier.acd and did the import as you did. It worked first time this end. You have either not done as needed or it is a 8.5 versus 8.5.2 issue as i use 8.5.2.

That's about as much as i can do for you, with us being on different versions as the forum is not allowing .acd files to be uploaded (heaven knows why not on an actinic forum). I tell you what hows about I upload it to my website too - http://www.websitedesigned.co.uk/didier.acd

Bonne chance!

Comment

Hi Lee
                              I upload in the same way, and still get an error :
                              FATAL ERRORS
                              (File ImportBackup.cpp, Line 286) - Archive error 5 - The compression operation failed
                              Library error - Can not open file C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\Site1\ActinicCatalog.ldb ! has been caught.
                              If it works on your version and not on mine it comes probably from the fact that you are in 8.5.2 and I am on 8.5.1. I will see to upgrade.
                              Thanks a lot for your help.
                              Didier
                              www.supreme.fr

Comment

That error message seems to be signifying the database is already open. I would close actinic and then your PC down, reboot and try again before trying the upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                                X