Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Script errors - Big problems! Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Script errors - Big problems! Please help!

Hi, my company have recently upgraded to V9.02 from V8 for a client's website. We did the upgrade using site snapshots from V8, and a new html template for the design. All was well (surprisingly - I expected problems!) on the test webspace we used, and all cart and checkout features etc seemed to be working fine when used. Yesterday I came to test that a new offer was working in time for the site launch (supposed to be today).

To my surprise and dismay the add to cart button produced a page where all the images where absent, as did the checkout button. I returned to the other test version of the site (identical to it) that had been placed on a different web address and webspace and found that the cart and checkout buttons and pages still all worked fine- I could add products to the cart and take it to checkout and ALL the images where displaying. With no changes made by this morning, both versions of the site in different locations where now not displaying the images. What I found interesting was that as soon as the scripts started executing they were looking for the images in the CGI-BIN folder, instead of in /acatalog/ & /images/ and the site root folder like they should, as if the script was not seeing the website structure above the CGI-BIN folder. To clarify, the images all display fine when I am browsing the HTML parts of the site, but not when I activate a script. So I went through these forums time and again, and double checked the CGI-BIN folder setup repeatedly with any number of different settings. Some settings returned 'could not move to CGI-BIN folder' errors when I attempted to test my network settings. I tried using example settings for someone else' set up with 1and1 (our host) to no avail. I have tried checking folder permissions (755 and 777 for CGI-BIN and acatalog respectively) and these are set correctly. Now Actinic is not returning an error when I test the network settings, yet when I attempt to use the cart or checkout functions I get an error message:

'A General Script Error Occurred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: Error opening /CGI-BIN/81Z149Z32Z132A1221561727B27783.session (No such file or directory)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner'

My network settings are as follows:

HTTPPROXYMODE 0
    HTTPPROXYADDRESS
    HTTPPROXYPORT 80
    HTTPPROXYUSER
    HTTPPROXYPASSWORD
    FTPPROXYMODE 0
    FTPPROXYADDRESS
    FTPPROXYPORT 21
    FTPPROXYUSER
    FTPPROXYPASSWORD
    SCRIPTID 1
    SCRIPTEXT .pl
    SMTPHOST
    WEBSITEURL http://www.mysite.com/
    IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS true
    USERELATIVECGIURLS true
    PATHTOPERL #!/usr/bin/perl
    USEENHANCEFTP true
    FTPCLIENTTIMEOUT 15000
    FTPRETRYDELAY 3000
    FTPSILENT false
    FTPMAXRETRIES 3
    FTPCONNECTTIMEOUT 25000
    SMTPAUTHREQUIRED false
    SMTPUSERNAME
    SMTPPASSWORD
    CATALOGURL http://www.mysite.com/acatalog/
    ONLINESTOREFOLDERNAME acatalog
    CGIBINURL http://www.mysite.com/CGI-BIN/
    PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../acatalog/
    CODEBASE ./
    FTPHOST www.mysite.com
    FTPUSERNAME u42901476
    FTPPASSWORD xxxxxxxxxx
    PATHTOCGIBIN /CGI-BIN/
    USEPASSIVEFTP false
    FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../acatalog/

Any help would be much appreciated - it's a big client and the site was ready to go live as far as they (and I) was concerned. Any thoughts on why this has happened without any interaction? No changes to the site or any script files have taken place.

Desperate, suddenly balding and more than slightly sick of purging and refreshing!

Update - Without any further changes the site has reverted to not displaying the images when I try to add to the cart, view the cart or checkout! I no longer get the 'General Script error' message. Very confused as no changes have been made since the initial post earlier today!

Originally posted by chris_mckednric View Post
    it's a big client
    Genetic or too many pies/cakes?

Have you got the BASEHREF in the <head> of the outer layout? I have just upgraded a clients site from v8 to v9 (he is a slim wee slip of a fella admittedly but I love him) and this was inexplicably missing and generated similar issues with the cart.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

that seems to be happening a lot with sites upgrading from v8 to v9
      Here's hoping it's fixed in 9.0.3.
      Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
        Here's hoping it's fixed in 9.0.3.
        Are they releasing a v9.0.2.5 for the smaller owners?

Bikster

Comment

yeh, it's a lite version with no stock control, no online customer accounts and no google checkout.
          Wait a minute, that's not right!
          Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
            no stock control, no online customer accounts and no google checkout
            That's like one of those "in a hot air balloon with XYZ who would you throw out to save the balloon from crashing" .....

You are in Actinic v9.0.3... your site is about to become profitable but is overloaded. To save the site do you ditch :

1. stock control
            2. online customer accounts
            3. google checkout

Bikster

Comment

Thanks for the help and replies!

My problem was eventually solved by going back to a much earlier snapshot! It meant I had to do a lot of repeat work on the site, but it works again and that's the main thing! Big thanks to all those who posted replies, wish I had any idea as to what had happened as then I may have been able to help anyone else who had a similar problem! Alas it remains a mystery, as the early snaphot I reverted to is identical to the 'broken' one except for a few price changes, offers and a couple of products! Very baffling, but at least I can sleep again! Thanks all.

Comment

Working...
              X