Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v9.0.3 Release Notes

Good morning everyone,

In preparation for the public beta of v9.0.3 I am pleased to announce the publication of the release notes for this maintenance release.

You can view the release notes here:

http://downloads.actinic.com/docs/re...rivateBeta.doc

(280Kb MS Word 97 - 2004 .doc)

As you can see v9.0.3 is a substantial release with around 90 bug fixes, performance enhancements and new features.

v9.0.3 is currently in private beta, however we will be moving into our public beta phase shortly, details to follow.

Best Regards,

Ben
    Benjamin Dyer
    CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Ben

can we have it as a pdf aswell please.

I don't like downloading doc files it would be nice to have the choice

Comment

Hi Jo,

Sure thing, it should be attached to this post.

Best regards,

Ben
      Attached Files
      Benjamin Dyer

Comment

That's pretty cruel releasing that at a time like this. Half those features almost got me jumping out my seat!!

Comment

Second that.
          As someone who lags so far behind with new releases it unreal, that list of changes looks about the most exciting one I've ever seen (and how sad is that ).
          If only everyting stated could be trouble free (yeah right), this has to be one of the most eagerly awaited mid version releases!
          Single page uploads, multi-thread uploads.....and I can even upgrade my V5 database direct to V9......its like Christmas
          Hope this dosen't turn out to be a turkey!

Comment

Originally posted by fleetwood View Post
            Hope this dosen't turn out to be a turkey!

why, what's up, Martin?
            You a vegetarian?
            Tracey

Comment

good to see a lot of fixes, I was hoping for one in perticuler but could not see it listed, hope it is there.
              There is a bug in product duplicates that have been upgraded from V7 to V9, the cost price information does not update.
              This was raised as a bug some time back
              My original thread
              http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ght=cost+price

Hope this has been sorted!
              Kind Regards
              Wesley
              Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

well I just been reading through my original post and actinc said it will not be fixed until 9.04
                So that means the cost price will not work out of the box if you upgrade from V7 or earlier.

Any product duplicates created in V7 once upgraded to V9 will not work correctly with the cost price field.
                Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

why, what's up, Martin?
                  You a vegetarian?
                  Tell you what Tracey, if this release is bug free, I'll eat my hat!

Does that make me a millinarian?

Comment

Evening Fleetwood,

I thought I would just reply by let you know a little about our testing process. v9.0.3 is a little special for a maintenance release as it adds some core features (multi threaded upload etc), so its going through a few extra stages.

So far v9.0.3 has gone through our internal QA process numerous times (our poor QA department have been living, sleeping and breathing 9.0.3 for months).

We have had two full developer test days where the development team grind to a halt and do nothing but test the release. Its also had a user test day, and the likes of Tracey, Darren, Jo, Mal etc have a chance to get their teeth into the release and give us direct feedback. We have been testing the release against some of the most common hosting environments, and testing with a number of your snapshots.

The release is currently in private beta and depending on how that goes will go into public beta in the coming days. We also have a full regression test being conducted in parallel.

While the above may seem obvious, I just wanted to let you know how seriously we take our test and QA process, hence the time its taken to get this release out.
                    Benjamin Dyer

Comment

Originally posted by wesleythorne View Post
                      actinc said it will not be fixed until 9.04
                      Hi, just to confirm this is not in this release and its scheduled for the next.
                      Benjamin Dyer

Comment

No, Martin.
                        It just makes you weird
                        Tracey

Comment

It's ok Martin weird is good

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
                            It's ok Martin weird is good
                            hmmmm...well...you should know
                            Tracey

Comment

Thanks Ben my comments were mean't to be taken in a light-hearted vein, but I appreciate Actinic Towers may be a bit twitchy considering some of the flak that flies around.
                              I don't normally take that much notice of the release notes - I typically buy the upgrade, then shelve it as those far more knowledegable than me write about the problems.
                              Tis why I've paid for 5,7,8,9 upgrades, redesigned in 8, yet still am live with 5 !
                              The list of improvs for 9.03 really did get me excited - something as simple as being able to upload a single page (I assume that means without checking the whole site - mines one of those BIG ones (stop sniggering Tracey ) sounds too good to be true.
                              Looking forward to the new release, although the run up to Xmas is to close now to make any real prospect of use in 2008.

Comment

Working...
                              X