Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping cart summary not working?

Hi All

I've have (thanks to Jo!) finally got our re-done site live. However I've noticed an issue with the shopping cart summary. I haven't touched the code for this (honest!) and chose a 'top' position for it.

Basically if you put something in your basket and then have a look around the shop a bit more then use the summary at the top and click checkout nothing happens? Then if you click view basket you go to basket and the checkout button disappears and you get view basket again? The checkout link from within the basket/cart works.

Is this a known 'problem' or it is just for me! I read a thread that talked about changes to www. and non www. but our site seems to only work with the www all the time, so don't think it's that. Another thread talked about pages outside actinic but don't think that is it either as all pages are from within actinic?

url is www.cottonbunting.co.uk any ideas greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
    D
    Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

That is strange, if you are using the standard cart summary, it usually shows the same on all pages. When you hover over the URL, there does seem to be some kind of Javascript tracking in place, perhaps that is not quite right and a Javascript error is also reported. Can you comment out your tracking script, upload and then test as you can eliminate a coding error within actinic then and it will probably point to your tracking code having a fault.

Comment

You have some <noscript> tags your your checkout button which I would assume are messing with it when you enter the checkout:-

Code:
      <noscript>
        <a href="http://www.cottonbunting.co.uk/cgi-bin/ca000002.pl?ACTION=SSLBOUNCE&amp;URL=https%3a%2f%2fcottonbunting%2eco%2euk%2fcgi%2dbin%2fos000002%2epl%3fACTION%3dStart&REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2ecottonbunting%2eco%2euk%2facatalog%2fMulti%2dColoured_Bunting%2ehtml&ACTINIC_REFERRER=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2ecottonbunting%2eco%2euk%2facatalog%2fMulti%2dColoured_Bunting%2ehtml"  target="_self" class="link_menu">Checkout</a>
      </noscript>
      I'm guessing something else should be inbetween the noscript tags and they got placed round there by mistake. Revert the layout back to factory settings and redo your tracking code.
      Cheers

David
      Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Thanks Lee. I haven't put any tracking code in. I've just enabled GA from within actinic (that was the whole reason for re-doing the whole site in V9 LOL as it didn't upgrade it properly from V8).

If I switch GA off and then upload and it works I assume then it will be the GA code that actinic put in that doesn't work? If that is the case how do I go about working out how to fix it?

Cheers D
        Donna

Comment

Originally posted by dave_finlayson View Post
          You have some <noscript> tags your your checkout button which I would assume are messing with it when you enter the checkout:
          Hi Dave, thanks for that .... don't know how that happened ... I didn't did do it! How do I find what should be there or can I remove the <no script> tags?

D
          Donna

Comment

I don't think there will be an issue with the GA code as i think all problems were sorted out with that on private beta. Does what Dave mentions below mean anything to you? <noscript> is used to show that part if scripts not enabled or able to run, not sure why they are there, i've not seen that as standard myself.

Comment

Click on the shopping cart summary on the design tab, see if those tags appear there, it looks like it is wrapping the link for checkout on certain pages, which would usually mean there is a blockif involved too.

Comment

Code:
                			<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22Wiz7%5fCartFunctions%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Top%22">
                			<!-- shopping cart summary is shown at the top --> 
                			<div class="sidebox" style="width: 170px;">
                				<div class="boxhead"><h2><actinic:variable name="CartCaption" /></h2></div>
                				<div class="boxbody" align="center">
                	   		<p style="font-weight: bold; margin-bottom: 5px;"><actinic:variable value="Shopping Cart Summary In A Line" name="ShoppingCartSummary" /></p>
                				<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22Wiz%5fButtons%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22CSS%20Buttons%22"><p class="text_menu"><actinic:variable name="NavigationIcon" value="Checkout CSS Button" /><actinic:variable name="NavigationIcon" value="View Cart CSS Button" /></p></actinic:block>
                				<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22Wiz%5fButtons%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Images%22"><p style="margin: 0;"><actinic:variable value="View Cart Image Navigation Button" name="NavigationIcon" /><actinic:variable value="Checkout Image Navigation Button" name="NavigationIcon" /></p></actinic:block></td>
                				</div>
                			</div>
                			</actinic:block>
                		</td> 
                	</tr>
                	<tr>
                Can't see the <no script> tags in the code but there are block if's in there. I haven't played with these settings but is it worth trying to revert to factory settings on this layout?
                Donna

Comment

Was the design created for you by someone? The blockif's look they are custom variables of some sort so perhaps something custom somewhere else is influencing this layout.
                  Cheers

David
                  Located in Edinburgh UK

Comment

Hi Dave, no created by me I'm afraid straight out the box - def no custom variables from me . I've played with very little as you can see. I simply licensed a new actinic site in v9 and tried to create the look of our old so that I could enable GA and get that working again as that stopped when we went from v8 to v9. D
                    Donna

Comment

My apologies, the variables come from the design wizard which I haven't used, hence my confusion (nothing to do with stupidity of course).

Having a look through the design library the 'Checkout Basic Link' layout seems to be the culprit. The library code doesn't look right to me but there may be a perfectly good explanation for it, perhaps one of the designers can advise further?!
                      Cheers

David
                      Located in Edinburgh UK

Comment

Buggered if i can find 'Checkout Basic Link' in my library. DOH.

Comment

It's under the Navigation Icons group in mine! Maybe I got a Jont version of Actinic?
                          Cheers

David
                          Located in Edinburgh UK

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                            Buggered if i can find 'Checkout Basic Link' in my library. DOH.
                            have you tried a search?

(I had to do a 'find' to find it too )
                            Tracey

Comment

No you are OK, i have that group too, i didn't get as far as checking 'N', i was looking at all checkout or cart based names.

The noscript tags are in there as part of the code, which makes sense actually because it is saying to put a plain text link in place if JS not enabled on browser, so that looks fine.

Donna try reverting or comparing that layout see if you can see anything different.

Comment

Working...
                              X