Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AUG - Single Product Per Page Using Sub Sections (P34)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AUG - Single Product Per Page Using Sub Sections (P34)

Hi there, new member so be gentle! I have followed the instructions to create a new layout for single product per page - using subsections, but I have got lost at the last hurdle:

"You can now select this layout for any section link where you want to include the product details as part of the section link"

I am lost with that one, so I dont know where to place the layout within the code. I have tried playing with all sorts of things to no avail. I have the demo shop loaded up, so if anyone can clarify how I get this layout to work I would be very grateful!

Thanks in advance, and great forum, the fact I have only had to ask this one question so far shows how much decent info there is from people on this forum!

ScottyDog
    www.edgeandwax.co.uk
    Edge & Wax
    Ski & Snowboard Workshop

Content Tree | Section Details Tab| Layout

You should see a long list with various group headings in bold:

Site, Section, Product...

Under Section you will find "Section Link Layout" if you click on the drop down menu you should find the layout you've created.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting this far without asking for help...

Rich

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Hi Rich, thanks for the swift response. There lies the problem, you have re-assured me I am trying to do the right thing, but my Layout is showing as an option and yet is sat in the correct location in the layouts library? Sure we discussed this in training at Actinic but damned if I can remember!

Thanks again,

ScottyDog
      www.edgeandwax.co.uk
      Edge & Wax
      Ski & Snowboard Workshop

Comment

Originally posted by scottydog View Post
        but my Layout is showing as an option and yet is sat in the correct location in the layouts library?
        Could you clarify what you meant here please Scott?

Army Gore-tex
        Winter Climbing Mitts
        Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

If the new layout is to be used globally for all section link layouts, then you should be setting it in site options and all other should be left at 'use parent'.

Comment

Sorry. I meant its NOT showing in the drop down as an layout option, despite being in the layout library. Same goes when I try to do it via Site Options. Its not showing in the drop down. I have put in the "Section Link" group in the layout library as per the AUG?
            www.edgeandwax.co.uk
            Edge & Wax
            Ski & Snowboard Workshop

Comment

Open up the selector in the design library and on the values tab, select it on the left and press the button to add it to the right.

Comment

Okay...

When you created the New Layout, did you create it under the "Section Link" Layout Type in the library?

If you go to that Layout Type and open it up your new layout should be there (Title in the AUG as "Section Link with Product Details")?

Double click on the "Section Link" Selector and click on the values Tab. Make sure you layout is in the RHS list!

Army Gore-tex
                Winter Climbing Mitts
                Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

Sorry being a complete dumb*ss, need to create the sub section for each product first, then select Section Link Layout with my new layout.

Think I have sussed it now, sorry for being stupid.

ScottyDog
                  www.edgeandwax.co.uk
                  Edge & Wax
                  Ski & Snowboard Workshop

Comment

Scott you should not be setting this on an individual basis, unless this layout is just being used in a few places. If is the site standard layout, then set it on the site settings and all sections with use it naturally without any intervention from you. ALWAYS use the 'use parent' facility as much as possible, makes managing the site 10 times easier and quicker.

Comment

Got it! Have done as per your suggestion. Don't want to be creating excessive work later so thanks for the heads up!

ScottyDog
                      www.edgeandwax.co.uk
                      Edge & Wax
                      Ski & Snowboard Workshop

Comment

Just a quick point to note. There is a slight error in the AUG code...

Code:
                        <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="QuantityPrompt"/></span>
                        <input type="text" name="Q_<actinic:variable Name="ProductReference"/>" size="4" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="DefaultQuantity"/>" class="form_input_general" />
                        Should be:

Code:
                        <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="QuantityPrompt"/></span>
                        <input type="text" name="Q_<actinic:variable Name="ProductID"/>" size="4" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="DefaultQuantity"/>" class="form_input_general" />
                        Your add to cart Button want work otherwise.

Rich

(Chirs, If you're around you had mentioned in a previous thread this would be amended)

Army Gore-tex
                        Winter Climbing Mitts
                        Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

Originally posted by webD View Post
                          (Chirs, If you're around you had mentioned in a previous thread this would be amended)
                          And in an email about 9 months ago where I highlighted the issue .

Comment

I've made sure that he will see it.
                            Tracey
                            SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyG View Post
                              I've made sure that he will see it.
                              Cheers Tracey...

Army Gore-tex
                              Winter Climbing Mitts
                              Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

Working...
                              X