One Click Processing Whinge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Click Processing Whinge

I have been merrily using one click processing since 1st August and a couple of weeks ago realised that despite having "send email" checked, nobody has been receiving order shipped confirmation.

At the time, I raised a support issue (156931) and eventually got the following reply;

“Emails not been sent when you press "complete order"”

Please see the reply I received from our 3rd line support.

“The "complete order" does not actually send the email just creates it, you

can send it by for example clicking the Send all mails button on the

toolbar.”

I have a number of problems with this statement.

1. Checking a box next to the statement "send emails" sort of suggests that an e-mail may well be sent.

2. Clicking send all mails will send all outstanding shipped emails since 1st August unless I manually delete them first (well over 1000).
    Even then, it will send any others that are marked as unsent in the current database (from my year start 1st April (nearly 5000 entries).

I have therefore deleted back to august and also the unsent mail that seems to often be generated by offline orders. This took 3 hours! I now find that......

3. Any faulty email addresses in the database will generate an error message each time the send all is activated. The actual address or order number is not mentioned in this message so the culprits cannot be tracked down and their mail deleted.
    Can these be dealt with using the database?

I did also raise another issue on the support number but am yet to receive an answer. I shall try to get this sorted in another thread.

Seem to have woke up grumpy this morning.
    Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk
    The online store for Briggs and Stratton spare parts

There are some hacks around that you can use to get your customer to confirm there email address in orders.

It is a pain that it is not highlighted or the order in question is not shown, one for the wish list.

Comment

This is a real pain in the arse IMO. We have been complaining about this for years - as you say when you press send email it should send it.

Its one of those really basic fixes that should have been solved years ago - I bet there are hundreds of users out there happily thinking that they are sending out order shipped emails.

CAN WE HAVE IT SORTED PLEASE

Comment

Originally posted by WILKO92 View Post
        1. Checking a box next to the statement "send emails" sort of suggests that an e-mail may well be sent.

yep yep yep
        we've been banging on about this!
        Haven't tested in the the public beta of 9.0.3 so I'll do that tonight but there's something else which doesn't work about the alleged 'one click order competion' too (or didn't) so I'll be testing that too.

If you want a packing list AND an invoice printing (perfectly logical, they're offered in the 'one click' options)...then tough. Coz it won't print a packing list THEN the invoice...it'll generate an invoice, complete the order and THEN ask you (in case you'd change your mind since setting it up!) if you want a packing list (well DUR!) for the order that is already completed!

I'll be checking this too...
        Tracey

Comment

well, I can confirm my suspicions anyway

a) It STILL generates an invoice first so asks for confirmation if you choose to print your packing lists with the 'one' click order completion settings. Come ON, Actinic. I brought this up AGES ago as a bug!!!!! LOOK and LOOK!!!

b) It STILL doesn't 'send' an email when you ask it to send an email with the 'one' click order completion settings.

*sighs*
          Last edited by TraceyHand; 03-Oct-2008, 08:05 PM. Reason: added links...and an emoticon for effect LOL
          Tracey

Comment

it's basic funtionality issues like this that really spoil actinic. It's ok spending huge ammounts of effort on stuff like vat and increasing upload speeds that will only help about 20% of users but sending out emails is a core function IMO. Today people expect emails about thier order at every stage especially when it's shipped and currently actinic clunky system just does not cut it. This issue affects all actinic users and should be an easy fix.

It's hard explaining to clients that they have to go through this odd procedure just to send an email even after they have pressed a button that says it's has been sent. Personally I would rather this have been fixed than the zip upload thing that will not help many at all unless they move hosts.

Can anyone who reads and agrees with this threadplease post a comment and perhaps we can get it sorted with a little people power.

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
              it's basic funtionality issues like this that really spoil actinic. It's ok spending huge ammounts of effort on stuff like vat and increasing upload speeds that will only help about 20% of users but sending out emails is a core function IMO. Today people expect emails about thier order at every stage especially when it's shipped and currently actinic clunky system just does not cut it. This issue affects all actinic users and should be an easy fix.

It's hard explaining to clients that they have to go through this odd procedure just to send an email even after they have pressed a button that says it's has been sent. Personally I would rather this have been fixed than the zip upload thing that will not help many at all unless they move hosts.

Can anyone who reads and agrees with this threadplease post a comment and perhaps we can get it sorted with a little people power.
              me
              LOL
              because you didn't know that already
              Tracey

Comment

I've known about the email problem for years when I acidentally pressed the send all button on a clients site and it sent out thousands of emails!

As you say Tracy it's an old problem that crops up every now and then on the forum but I bet 91% of users think they are being very efficient at keeping the customer informed but in reality they are waisting thier time.

Any way now we know it's not fixed in .0.3 we can look forward to .0.4 where it is!

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post

Any way now we know it's not fixed in .0.3 we can look forward to .0.4 where it is!
                  hahahahaha
                  now I KNOW you're drunk
                  Tracey

Comment

Evening Mal (Tracey, Darren, Graham)

Just wanted to know that I have spotted your post.

I can confirm this is listed to be resolved in a forthcoming release. I am afraid I cant be much more specific than that while v9.0.3 is in public beta but should be able to give more commitment once the release is out in the wild.

While I appreciate this may be a little fustrating for you, its on my radar.

Ben
                    Benjamin Dyer
                    CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

Hi ben
                      Thanks for that. I'm sure solving this will help loads of people.

Comment

Thanks, Ben

Considering the problem was mentioned when V8 first came out, a fix is certainly long overdue.
                        I look forwards to being able to use the One Click Processing properly!
                        Tracey

Comment

I'd also assumed that one click did what it said on the tin, so non of my customers have had emails either and I've now had to delete them all manually. Whilst you are fixing this, can we have an option for the number of copies of invoices it prints. I need more than one.
                          www.homeautomation-direct.com

Energy Monitors and X-10 automation hardware

Comment

It is unfortunate with all these things, most of the time they are developed by people who do not have the users experience, they are good ideas but due to the lack of knowledge or understanding of how these features would be best used they sometimes lack certain features that would nicely complete the function.

As for the extra copies it might be worth posting in the wishlist section, stands a better chance of being added IMHO

Comment

If the current 5 click processing system is to be upgraded to less clicks, it would also be nice to see "commit Payment" in the checkbox's.
                              Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk
                              The online store for Briggs and Stratton spare parts

Comment

Working...
                              X