No announcement yet.

One Click Processing Whinge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just another complication to the send mail in bulk system that I thought others should know.

I have just been trying to weed out a number of orders in the database that must have invalid email addresses and therefore keep turning up as cannot send errors when I send mail.

I thought the quickest way would be to put a snapshot into a spare machine and progressively delete the completed orders month by month and seeing if there is any reduction in the amount of outstanding mail as each month is deleted.

Having found a month with one of the suspect mail, I then undeleted half the month with a view to eventually nailing the order down.

Unfortunately, I have discovered that when an order is deleted and then undeleted, all of its emails are converted to ready for sending by having their ticks removed.

PLEASE NOTE that if deleting and undeleting any previous order, all previously sent email for that order will again be sent when a bulk mail send is activated.
    Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk
    The online store for Briggs and Stratton spare parts

Comment

Thanks for pointing this out Graham, I've reported it to development.
      Tracey
      SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin Dyer View Post
        Evening Mal (Tracey, Darren, Graham)

Just wanted to know that I have spotted your post.

I can confirm this is listed to be resolved in a forthcoming release. I am afraid I cant be much more specific than that while v9.0.3 is in public beta but should be able to give more commitment once the release is out in the wild.

While I appreciate this may be a little fustrating for you, its on my radar.

Ben
        Great: but can we have the option to use it how it is now, ie process the days orders, courier comes and picks up and (then) we send the days order despatched emails. It just suits us to do it that way.

Best

Nigel
        Offering a wide range of shade loving plants suitable for the woodland garden. http://www.plantsforshade.co.uk

Comment

Unfortunately the email sending question is not as simple as just changing the way Actinic works.

The method we use was the default in most email clients for a long time, including Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, Pegasus and pretty much every other system. 'Send' does not literally mean 'Send immediately', it's shorthand for 'Queue to Send'.

This doesn't please everybody, but it is still a widely accepted approach and a lot of people prefer it that way.

So we cannot simply change the way Actinic works, because that will upset as many people as it pleases. We basically have to add a new piece of functionality to offer more choice, with changes to the UI to accomodate it. That makes it a more significant piece of work.

Having said that, it comes up quite frequently and it's clearly causing a lot of angst. It's noted, and we will definitely do something about it ASAP.
          Bruce Townsend
          Ecommerce Product Manager
          Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Hi Bruce

We have the two options on manually sent emails, ie "send now" which connects to your email server and away it goes and "done" which queue's the emails for sending later can we not have the same two systems for the email generation using the 1 click order completion, it would seem to be straight forward.

Best

Nigel
            Offering a wide range of shade loving plants suitable for the woodland garden. http://www.plantsforshade.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X