multiple Suppliers - Drop Shipping with Actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
    it will always look expensive to someone with a small turnover and very cheap to someone with a big turnover.

jo/pinbrook/hosting
    jan/moleend/software

just in case anyone has forgotten

Ye it does

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
      So add your vote to the wishlist threads then. Or post a new one.

Why SHOULDN'T Codepath develop and charge for software? Just because you think it should be included in the software?

If everything everyone wanted was including in the basic Actinic package from the get-go, it'd be a far more expensive product and you'd be moaning about that instead.

You try before you buy. Anything, like this, that isn't included you either do manually or buy and add-on for. Either solution costs money.
      If you don't like it, I'm sure there are other packages out there.
      One way or another, you pay for what you get.
      I got no problem with people making and designing software that fills in gaps. That’s great, and of course you should have to pay etc .... If I could design code then I would build apps that provide additional services to a product and charge for them. That’s just business....

The issue I have and not many people are going to like this comment is that maybe Actinic should be building these functions into the software in the first place. Take a lead in the market….

Unless you are a designer then the basic templates and functionality (front end) still look dated....

Lets face it if your not a designer then you don’t want to keep paying out ….

IMO

Regards
      Victor Meldrew

Comment

Originally posted by Faulkds View Post
        is that maybe Actinic should be building these functions into the software in the first place.
        They do select the best ones and add them to the software - the mailing list functionality for example was originally developed by Mole End

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Actinic are adding features all the time but they work on a priority system based on wishlists. The features you mention are IMO not top of the list so third parties develop them for sale.

I agree that the inbuilt templates are not brilliant but actinic is top of the tree in the way it let's you modify them to create a custom site. I have seen many good looking sites out there that have had only a little work done on the standard templates. Yes there is cheaper out there but you need much more skill to get it all working correctly which is why you will see them pushing support contracts for thousands of £ a year.

Drop shippers will always be fighting a loosing battle against all the other sites drop shipping the same stuff so at the end of the day it ends up as a price war. A site which makes a difference eg user reviews or faster delivery can get the edge but it all requires investment. Yes actinic may have these features in the future but they are very user specific and not many people want them unless it is vita to the site or a nice to have addition.

Comment

Sometimes features are do-able within Actinic as well but plugins are also available - user reviews is an example, Chris Dicken implemented these for Mole End a long time ago, using the standard design features in Actinic. The plugins that you can buy just make it easier to implement for a layman.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
            X