PSP Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atco View Post
    How about fraud checking and chargebacks?
    See #5 above.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Homework

Check the Actinic website and the Knowledgebase for details on Actinic Payments. You should find the answers to your questions without someone having to type them out here.
      There are also numerous posts, on the forum, regarding other PSPs, their integration etc.

Search the forum (and the web) regarding PCI DSS to see how these issues are legislated and how to deal with them.

Search the forum and read up about the Paypal options. Paypal is NOT an 'all in one' 'does everything' solution. Standard Paypal is limiting (and some people don't like/want to use it) and the other Paypal solutions (Paypal Pro, for example) are fraught with problems and, it appears, may not be PCI DSS compliant.
      Tracey

Comment

Not only is Paypal Pro not PCI-DSS compliant, but if you're worried about chargebacks then AFAIK none of the the Paypal options use 3d secure. (Verfied by Visa / SecureCode).

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

as I said on your other thread psps are ALWaYS a great source of debate

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
            as I said on your other thread psps are ALWaYS a great source of debate
            To true - at the end of the day protect yourself, protect your customers and sleep at night.

Comment

Tracey's post says it all...

almost, i'll just add to say alot of people use 2 psp's. One "real" one ie protx, wp, hsbc, secpay and then paypal in addition.

the reason for adding pp, is that is gives a 2nd option if your first psp is down or slow- some people like to use pp as they have a credit balance with them or they can pay without having their cc to hand.

PP on its own is not a good decision unless cost is your only concern, pp is cheap to set up but expensive to run - or you don't have a merchant acct.

you need to phone some psp's to get quotes.

Comment

Protx has an offer on at the moment: see here

Also WorldPay appear to be getting quite desperate for business: see here
                Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Thanks everyone who have taken the time and effort to type out some answers - it's given me a lot to think about but I want to make the right decision first time and those of you who have given me their thoughts / experiences I'm v. grateful.
                  Dave

Comment

Originally posted by atco View Post
                    Are those of you using Paypal plus another PSP doing so in order to attract customers with Paypal accounts otherwise why use 2 PSP's when, say, Paypal could do it all?
                    We are using Actinic Payments as preferred psp with paypal as an option. Since we added Actinic in August we are getting more orders and 75% of customers are using Actinic Payments. Even for a small site Actinic payments can be cheaper than paypal, I did a survey of all the psp's I could get figures from, based on average number of transactions per month at an average spend per transaction to find the best option. Using a spreadsheet it is easy to play what if scenarios, and for me it was Actinic Payments low cost option, paypal and worldpay that came out best.

As for fraud so far we have had a few transactions refused by Actinic payments during the order process, but so far no fraudulent transactions.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                    Custom Packages

Comment

Thanks - I take it the money goes straight into your account with Actinic Payments but probably takes a few days through Paypal?
                      Dave

Comment

I am not sure about Paypal Pro but we take Paypal as a second payment option and the payment appears in your paypal account immediately, but you need to request a transfer to your designated bank account.

Requesting the transfer is simple but requires you to log into your paypal account and click on withdrawal funds and usually takes 3-5 days to appear in your bank account.
                        I usually withdrawal funds when the paypal account balance reaches a certain value say £500 (depending on your cash flow situation)
                        Darren Guppy
                        Golf Tee Warehouse
                        Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Working...
                        X