No announcement yet.

v9.0.3 Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried V9.0.3 IMMA...Back to 9.0.2 for me !

I installed the new release 903IMMA onto 902, it all looked fine, all products there, all singing..thought great, problem solved..hopefully..

But on upload, still same problem, Actinic just close half way through the upload. No message of error, nothing..!

So I took a snapshot of it (just in case support wants it, just let me know where to upload), and went back to 902..shame though as the faster upload are really needed here with 14K pages..

Anyone knows why it happen ? Is it because of the size of the site?
    Patrick
    http://www.body-piercing-jewellery.com/
    http://www.bioflex-wholesale-body-pi...suppliers.com/
    http://www.jewellery-stones-supplies.com

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBits View Post
      But on upload, still same problem, Actinic just close half way through the upload. Anyone knows why it happen ? Is it because of the size of the site?
      Does your host support the zip upload? Did you maybe forget to tick enable upload compression in FTP options in Network settings? And, did you see Krithika's post #194?
      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBits View Post
        I installed the new release 903IMMA onto 902, it all looked fine, all products there, all singing..thought great, problem solved..hopefully..

But on upload, still same problem, Actinic just close half way through the upload. No message of error, nothing..!

So I took a snapshot of it (just in case support wants it, just let me know where to upload), and went back to 902..shame though as the faster upload are really needed here with 14K pages..

Anyone knows why it happen ? Is it because of the size of the site?
        Change the script id

Comment

Actinic just close half way through the upload. No message of error, nothing..!
          A manual clean-up of the cgi-bin folder on the server at an idle time of the business day and a refresh there-after can also help.

Cheers
          Krithika Chandrasekar
          SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Daren and Krithika..

I will try the following again during the night (idle time..) it will just be another night with no sleep..getting used to it !

- Will change the script ID
            - Will upload onto totally empty sapce..

And I cheked with the host (OVH in France)..the Archive::zip module is installed..(great !)..

Will keep you posted. Thanks
            Patrick
            http://www.body-piercing-jewellery.com/
            http://www.bioflex-wholesale-body-pi...suppliers.com/
            http://www.jewellery-stones-supplies.com

Comment

We upgraded yesterday, and apart from a few problems with our own 'hacks' have the stinkyinkshop site onto 9.03 and working well now. A major improvement is the upload speed, our whole site (about 7,000 pages) uploads in less than 30 minutes against 5 - 6 hours in 9.02. The Multi User database seems quicker across the network and more stable, and it is a joy to watch the multi-threading!
              John Sollars
              MD at Stinkyink.Com
              Ph 01746 781020
              Fx 01746 781698
              Em John (at) Stinkyink dot Com

Comment

Thanks for the update John, great to hear its working out so well for you guys.

Ben
                Benjamin Dyer
                CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

Unreliable Uploads

Well we upgraded last night and seem to be having a few upload problems.

Issue 1.
                  Frequently, but inconsistently Actinic locks up at an early stage of uploading with the CPU running at 100% (Dual Core 2GHz), have to kill the process and reboot:

"Checking list of products in section xxxxx", but xxxx is never a consistent section.

If it gets past this then the rest seems to go OK.

Issue 2.
                  Again frequently but inconsistently get an error after the final stage of upload (Merging incremental....):

"Actinic has encountered a problem and has closed. You will need to restart it.
                  Details of the problem have been saved to a *.dmp file, which you will find in 'C:\Program Files\Actinic v9\Catalog_9_0_3_0_0_0_IMMA.dmp'"

Our site was upgraded from 9.0.1 and once uploaded in 903IMMA it does seem to work OK.

Just reinstalling now and will try again.

Has anybody else seen this sort of problem, or is it just us.

Any ideas welcome before we drop back to 901.
                  David
                  Tantronics Limited
                  Batteries - Chargers - Portable Power - Photo Accessories
                  www.tantronics.co.uk

Comment

Hi David,
                    we have seen a similar problem.

issue 1. only solution seems to be to set the process to low priority as soon as catalog.exe appears on taskmgr and before it locks out explorer

issue 2. who knows? see many crashes but never the same place - catalog probably using too much windows resources, memory, etc.

Regards,
                    Paul

Comment

We are also getting the error message

"Actinic has encountered a problem and has closed. You will need to restart it.
                      Details of the problem have been saved to a *.dmp file, which you will find in 'C:\Program Files\Actinic v9\Catalog_9_0_3_0_0_0_IMMA.dmp'"

This happens when updating or after entering an order and then searching. We reported this problem three days ago but have not yet had a fix. Yesterday we had eight errors, very fustrating when you are trying to enter a customers order.

Our site was upgraded from 9.0.2.

Currently I do not think that I would suggest using 9.03 until this is sorted.

Mark

Comment

Not seen any problems using my localhost Apache server at all with crashes on refresh at any stage. Wonder if your database has errors?
                        Have you tried compacting.
                        If it was a resources problem I would expect to see it with my setup, as it's a huge catalogue database.
                        I won't be changing to the new version till after Xmas anyway, I want to carry on trying to break it for a bit longer.
                        Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
                        www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I too wondered about a Database problem so did try compacting and even pulled it into Access to run the Caompact & Repair option, but no difference.

However, it does now seem to be behaving itself.

I re-installed the 903IMMA release over the top of the existing 903IMMA release, so didn't un-install anything and just let it do it's thing to the site.

Have now uploaded 4 times with no problems.

So for others having trouble, I would deffinately try a re-install (after the usual backups etc..)

I will keep an eye on it, but touch wood..... if I can find some in this plastic office.
                          David
                          Tantronics Limited
                          Batteries - Chargers - Portable Power - Photo Accessories
                          www.tantronics.co.uk

Comment

It's definitely multi-threading:

we do get the odd crash on and just after upload completion though.
                            Attached Files
                            Rob Williams
                            Ink Cartridges
                            Stinky Ink - Blog

Comment

That looks like someone's pulse when they first click upload on V9.

Comment

Originally posted by Krithika View Post
                                Hello Malcolm

Confirmed with the development team, the duplicate page generation warning is actually the result of a stricter page checking process in v903. Using the snapshot you sent, I was able to complete an upload after renaming the duplicate page names reported by Actinic.

I am trying to get a SQL query from the dev team to help retrieve the records of the duplicate page names, that can then be renamed manually to enable upload to go through.

Regards
                                Can we have a bit more information on fixing this please? I have the same problem and while it's not critical it's a bugger having to click 'yes' multiple times during snapshots or uploads - I'm assuming this has something to do with the SPP format but the error message is confusing to say the least.
                                Attached Files
                                The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

Working...
                                X