No announcement yet.

v9.0.3 Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we likely to get any further patches/updates in the next few weeks.
    I am currently nearing the completion of my updated v9 site and don't want to spend time reapplying several perl mods to updgrade from v9.0.3 ILXA to v9.0.3 IMMA only to find another update is released 2 weeks later.
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

I would think it's VERY unlikely we'll see any patches/releases in the near future. If you're planning on upgrading, I don't see a reason to wait on this basis (just check the forum for current issues with 903 that may affect you)
      Tracey

Comment

We are planning a smaller maintenance release around the end of Feb, with a few more bug fixes that we weren't able to get into v9.0.3.

Unless you have a specific problem that support have told you will be fixed in the next release, I would go with v9.0.3 now. It has quite a lot of fixes compared with earlier versions, and for many sites it also offers significantly enhanced performance.
        Bruce Townsend
        Ecommerce Product Manager
        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

*anticipates deluge of speculative posts*
          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

lol, probably, but they'll be wasting their time
            Bruce Townsend

Comment

I have already upgraded to V9.0.3 IXLA but was trying to decide to change to V9.0.3 IMMA.

I decided to go for it and have since had a problem with a greyed out "Insert" button in the "Insert Layout"

See this thread: Insert Layout Button Greyed Out
              Ruthie2012 also reported this problem Mid-November but the thread stops with no feedback to indicate whether the problem was ever solved.

EDIT: I've fixed the problem by un-installing Actinic and performing a clean install of V9.0.3 IMMA
              Darren Guppy
              Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
                lol, probably, but they'll be wasting their time
                Love it! ......

Comment

I decided to go for it and have since had a problem with a greyed out "Insert" button in the "Insert Layout"
                  It's best to contact support about specific issues like that. That way it will be followed up systematically by our technical team.
                  Bruce Townsend

Comment

I tried 9.03, couldn't upload so went back to 9.02. Tried 9.03 on a back up PC to a test site and still it wouldn't upload correctly. The thing that causes us grief is orders not completing if they have been ammended and by all accounts, this has not been fixed yet. So whilst 9.03 has a number of useful features, 9.02 is stable for us even with all of its worts. I would sooner spend a period actually improving the content of the site rather than spend it with Actinic Support bug fixing uploads. Maybe I will feel different later but my high hopes of 9.03 especially after the conference have been dashed. Just my view as an end user that wants something to work first time.

Comment

Tried 9.03 IXLA but had the missing products thing. Now trying IMMA (fresh install, fresh PC, snaphot imported) over the holidays. Constant crashes and unable to upload. 9.02 was rock solid for us so we are going back to that. Don't have time to struggle with this at the moment. It should just work.
                      Blank DVD
                      Cloth Nappies

Comment

I am guessing you tried the script id change then restart, its a common problem when upgrading to 9.0.3

Comment

Yep, compacted, refreshed over and over etc.

Just for the record, would you be so kind as to run me through exactly what you mean by script change ie. how exactly would you do this step by step. Or, maybe there is a thread? Searched but can't find one. Just to make sure I'm doing it correctly.
                          Blank DVD
                          Cloth Nappies

Comment

script change means going to network settings and changing the script id from 1 to 2 (or change it from what it is to something different) sometimes this will unblock a meaningless error.

I've done this in the past, done a refresh, then changed it back to what it was and done another refresh (if you have cgi indexed by google you don't want ot change the id)

then ftp to cgi-bin and delete the scripts that are obsolete

Comment

I think Darren is referring to the CGI Script ID in your Network SetUp page.
                              Darren Guppy
                              Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

OK, I changed the script ID and did a refresh but didn't delete anything from the server. Maybe I'll try that in a while. Don't have time at the moment and will stick with 9.02 for the time being.
                                Blank DVD
                                Cloth Nappies

Comment

Working...
                                X