No announcement yet.

Searching and Hidden products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi ,is this bug supposed to have been fixed or due to be fixed in next release.
    Have just noticed some our our products in hidden sections are showing in search results.
    wes
    Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

there hasn't been a release since this was posted so yes, it's still an issue.

You'll need to either fix them manually or do the workaround posted

As for whether it's being fixed in 904 (whenever that may appear!) I'm sure someone from Actinic can comment
      Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
        As for whether it's being fixed in 904 (whenever that may appear!) I'm sure someone from Actinic can comment
        I don't remeber seeing it on the roadmap do you LOL

Army Gore-tex
        Winter Climbing Mitts
        webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
        Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Originally posted by webD View Post
          pmsl
          well, I doubt they'd label the pot-holes anyway!
          Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by webD View Post
            Actinic have a road map? surely you are msitaken

Comment

It did look rather like one of those hidden-treasure type maps with doodling all over it (sorry, Ben LOL) and well, I'm not entirely sure if I recall seeing any Xs...
              Tracey

Comment

The treasure and enlightenment within actinic is behind the red cross in the top right hand corner .

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
                  It did look rather like one of those hidden-treasure type maps with doodling all over it (sorry, Ben LOL) and well, I'm not entirely sure if I recall seeing any Xs...
                  Ben did have a patch over one eye and a colourful bird on his shoulder though...

Army Gore-tex
                  Winter Climbing Mitts
                  webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                  Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

hi ,is this bug supposed to have been fixed or due to be fixed in next release
                    It doesn't look like it's scheduled to be fixed in the next maintenance release. Other issues have taken priority.
                    Tracey
                    SellerDeck

Comment

Tracey im getting the impression that these days Actinic are for ever chasing their tail.

There is a number of bugs and improvements still to be made yet it just feels the list is cherry picked these days IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
                        Tracey im getting the impression that these days Actinic are for ever chasing their tail.

There is a number of bugs and improvements still to be made yet it just feels the list is cherry picked these days IMHO
                        While I'm not part of the decision making process on which bugs to fix in the next release I can assure you that there is a process that goes on and it does involve people from a number of departments in the company, including Product Management, Development and Support. While we would love to be able to fix all bugs in the software there has to be a cut-off point so that we can actually release something within a reasonable timeframe. Don't forget that this also has to include testing time.
                        Tracey
                        SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyG View Post
                          While we would love to be able to fix all bugs in the software there has to be a cut-off point so that we can actually release something within a reasonable timeframe. Don't forget that this also has to include testing time.
                          I fully understand the testing cycle, having been involved for years. Every software package has its bugs and limitations, but i am making a point of how i see it from this side of the fence, maybe im alone in this.

However i have yet to see a survey from actinic asking me for my opinions, suggestions and bugs list so this unfortunately means this forum is the only place people have to tell it how it is. As i said from my side of the fence this is how it looks and of course my personal opinions.

Comment

ok, i changed all hidden products in sub sections manually, very time consuming,
                            surely this should be considered rather a big bug, i would of thought if you hide a section then all products in that sections should be hidden online , including search results.
                            wes
                            Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Have just realised we've been caught out by this too! There should be some way of highlighting it to the common user. I fyou hide the product at the time it is much quicker than having to go back and do it all in one go after a few months/years of hiding things!
                              Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

Working...
                              X