Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive done nothing and my site has stopped working

Hey all,

My site has suddenly stopped working, ive done nothing since it happened and it now just doesnt work.

No one can complete the checkout process.

I have tried restoring to older backups, refreshing the website, changing my perl script id number.

Nothing seems to work.

Can someone shed any light on this?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

URL: http://www.nineplus.com
    Nineplus.com - Surfboards, Longboards, Wetsuits and Accessories.

I couldn't even find a product to buy, how the hell do you navigate this site? You have a Google Analytics error too, note the Javacsript error reported bottom left of the browser window.

Comment

Looks like your CGI files have gone missing. When I add to cart I get a page not found error (a custom one).

You may not have done anything in Actinic but are you sure nobody has changed anything on the server?

I'd try a refresh to get the CGI files back again....

Kevin
      KDM Digital Media - Actinic web design and hosting

Comment

I eventually worked out where the products were! Took a while though and I nearly gave up!
        I added to cart ok but I couldn't checkout, it just kept taking me back to the cart again
        Tracey

Comment

It's a bit like a nice looking sheila with no grey stuff upstairs that site. After 2 mins I was outta there, absolutely crackers setup.

Comment

Wow, you guys were quick.

In the time between me posting and you replying I did one more site refresh back to the latest so that it was a state that is current.

The products are top nav then left nav.

Im aware of the google analytics error, if anyone can shed light on why actinic forces renaming the google code that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

Comment

Well thanks for all the positive encouragement about the site... any suggestions would be appreciated once its working.

I cant even seem to update the site now, i get a "merge request" error.

Why does actinic let me down time and time again =(

Comment

It deffinately sounds like something has changed on the server. Permissions? Folder Locations.... Who hosts the site?
                KDM Digital Media - Actinic web design and hosting

Comment

It's not Actinic letting you down.

It's almost certainly your server/host.

Get on the server and have a look what's there.

If no cgi-bin, then upload it.

If cgi-bin is there, check the permissions etc etc etc.
                  Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Hmm,

I am the only person that handles the site, and nothing has changed since the vat change and my boss has noticed that there has been no orders since the vat was updated - could this cause anything?

As for the moment, i was in the process of returning the site back to using its original cgi script id, but i cant update it due to a 'merge request' error.

Trying a site refresh as we speak

=(

Comment

Your site now is showing as having no cgi-bin files at all!
                      A refresh would be the way to go.
                      Have you upgraded to a new Actinic version recently? Perhaps your earlier problem was the "using image for checkout button" which requires a perl file patch which may have been overwritten during an update.

I also had difficulty in finding a product to add to cart on this site.... something to address perhaps.
                      Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                      Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                      SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Right, ive managed to get it through a refresh and the cgi files are now back up and running.

Ive just checked the add to cart button and it is using the "Add To Cart Button" layout.

Comment

Change it back in site options.

Comment

Sorry, what you do mean change it back?

It hasn't been changed to anything else and has always been using the standard <form> button.

Comment

Originally posted by sgtbash View Post
                              Ive just checked the add to cart button and it is using the "Add To Cart Button" layout.
                              I was responding to the above, i presumed you was intimating that it had changed and i was telling you where you go to change it back. If you can drop that stick in your hand, i'll pick up the other end instead. Ignore me.

Comment

Working...
                              X