Problem downloading orders - .ordx files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem downloading orders - .ordx files

Our website somehow seems to have developed a fault somehow and we cannot properly retrieve our orders. I think I have to look for an .ordx file, but I don't know where abouts to find it or even how big it will be. Does anyone else know?

Order files are all stored within the acatalog folder on your web server. I wouldn't advise moving them around without the guidance of Tech Support - especially if you are not familiar with the order and payment files and how they work.

Comment

It was tech support who advised about this and said to rename them from .ordx to .ord but I can't find them anywhere within the acatalog folder.

Comment

The acatalog folder can be a busy place. Have you tried sorting the folder by File Type and finding it this way?

Comment

I've found the files now. They're 0 bytes though. Does this mean there's nothing I can do to access them?

Comment

Sounds like there is nothing in them to access anyway.

Comment

That's what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by fgs View Post
                I've found the files now. They're 0 bytes though. Does this mean there's nothing I can do to access them?
                regardless of that, did you try renaming them?
                Tracey

Comment

Yes I did try renaming them. What can I try opening them with?

Comment

Originally posted by fgs View Post
                    Yes I did try renaming them. What can I try opening them with?
                    were you able to rename them?
                    Did Support tell you to 'open' them? If so, how? Did you ask?
                    Tracey

Comment

Yes I was able to rename them. Stupidly enough I didn't think to ask what to open them with or how! I've tried a txt editor but it just opens a blank document, so maybe this is right and it is genuinely an empty file.

Comment

Corrupt files, particularly those that hold text data often clear themselves and show 0bytes. Unfortunately AFAIK there's no other way to get the order onto your system. Looks like it's your turn to look like a tit by phoning your customer and saying "Uh, I've got your payment but, erm, what did you, um, order?" - don't worry, it's a rare practise but somebody's gotta do it.

Comment

Lol. I see. Ok then, thanks a lot for your help and input to this matter. Of all the 1000's of orders we've had, nothing like this has ever happened before.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                          X