Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

excessive payment received

Hiya,

Some of my orders are coming through saying "excessive payment received." When I go into payments it shows that the amount was charged and then several minutes later, charged again. There can be three lines incidating three seperate charges. However, when we check with the bank records, we have only ever received one payment.

Why does this happen? And how should I go about removing that excessive payment line, as the customer may think they were over charged.

Also, re: orders listed as PSP Pending. Most of these orders are orders in which the customer has attempted to order and has not put in the right details therefore it has not gone through. However, sometimes there is simply a delay in the payment going through. So the order is placed, then several hours later the payment goes through. However, the order is not automatically updated and continues to languish as psp pending, until we, through our bank records, seek out that order and manually hit "make payment." We use actinic payments. Any help with this? What I want is it to automatically update to full payment received, so that the order can be processed.

Both of the above issues are ongoing and frustrating so any assistance would be helpful.

sorry, just saw you answered my Q!
    Tracey

Comment

I'm not in front of AP at the moment, but when you view payments is it showing 3 payments or are you getting 3 separate orders?

If it's the first can you not delete/refund/void the payment?

Army Gore-tex
      Winter Climbing Mitts
      webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
      Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

if it's showing 'excessive payment received' then I would presume it's showing multiple payment on one order, Rich
        Is it showing the same auth codes for the duplicate payments?

I don't have this problem with PSP callbacks coming in later.
        Could it be that your acquiring bank are delaying things? (Streamline or whoever)

Have you called Actinic about it?
        Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
          if it's showing 'excessive payment received' then I would presume it's showing multiple payment on one order, Rich
          I've come to the (shit I've got yoghurt on my keyboard, hang on...) conclusion never to assume anything, also I'm fairly new to AP, so couldn't check things for myself.

Army Gore-tex
          Winter Climbing Mitts
          webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
          Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Originally posted by webD View Post
            I've come to the (shit I've got yoghurt on my keyboard, hang on...) conclusion never to assume anything, also I'm fairly new to AP, so couldn't check things for myself.
            *bites tongue*

It's FAR too early for innuendo!!
            Tracey

Comment

i agree, with it all

seriously excessive payments means it's a single order. I would suspect more than one payment for the same order, this would have a different auth code though.

As said, void these extra payments, and unfortuantely this can be caused by someone click back and forward on browsers. Im not saying this is the complete answer. As tracey said look at the payment in your order and see if they have different codes, if so then it has been placed more than once so check AP and remove the over charges.

Comment

Working...
              X