No announcement yet.

Actinic Closes Whilst Uploading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic have recommended that i run in test mode and delete the whole catalogue
    and refresh website

Then undelete and upload 1 catagory at a time.

I'll give it a go and let you know.

Comment

Just an update.

Ok i have been at this most of the night and i am nearly half way through.
      upto yet in test mode every section i have tried is uploading

Comment

have you done what is suggest all over the forum (normally by me) change the script id then restart actinic

Actinic needs a kick up the arse - this is a bug and even a purge and refresh does not help all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
          have you done what is suggest all over the forum (normally by me) change the script id then restart actinic

Actinic needs a kick up the arse - this is a bug and even a purge and refresh does not help all the time.
          Failing that - what has solved a lot of problems for me recently was taking a backup of the Site1 folder (I mean copy/paste the Site1 folder to another location on your hard drive) - Uninstall Actinic, download a registry cleaner piece of software (Ccleaner.com will do fine) and run this, clean the registry up. Restart your machine, run the registry cleaner again. Restart and then install Actinic. Copy your Site1 backup folder back into the Actinic directory (ie. where it should be) and open up Actinic.

This fixed a variety of issues for me, must have been caused by corrupt/missing registry values.

Comment

Awesome idea.

up to yet every single section uploads in test mode individually.
            I wouldn't be the sheer quantity causing the problem would it?

Comment

How many sections do you have in your full catalog?

Comment

Ain't got a clue what your site is so can't answer that, though it's doubtful - there's a few Actinic sites kicking around with a crazy number of products, 15k+.

Once you've applied all the possible fixes mentioned throughout the thread, get on the phone to support.

Do you have Actinic cover? If so, remember you have 2(?) free months emergency web hosting - you could try upload there and see if the problem persists. If changing the script ID doesn't work, and you've already purged/compacted - sounds like there's a problem with your database which you will need support to rectify anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by j2tmax View Post
                  Awesome idea.

up to yet every single section uploads in test mode individually.
                  This is exactly what happens and has to me on a few sites, i have never had to resort to grants measures but im guessing one day i will.

Comment

I have 3 layers of sub catagories with 1 product in each catagory
                    which adds up to around 8000 items the products in the site are
                    nothing special they all say the same text at the moment and have the same pictures.

Just want to say I really apreciate the help i've received from this community

Comment

I know you are reluctant to move from FH, but TBH 8000 products is probably an ask to far for them.

the time you have spend trying to get this to work would have been better spend on a different host.

Quit now whilst you still have some hair and sanity

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
                        Quit now whilst you still have some hair and sanity
                        Huh you mean some people still do

Comment

I apreciate fasthosts has issues.
                          but i have tested on a seperate server with the same results
                          and i can be disconnected from the internet and still get same issue.

I will sort out the server side but i can't blaim it at the moment.
                          Support even said to me its not the server causing the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by j2tmax View Post
                            Support even said to me its not the server causing the problem.
                            And they didn't ask for a snapshot...because....???

Comment

Don't have actinic cover.

Comment

I want to try something but don't know how to do it.

my products are in individual sections
                                is there any fast way to remove the individual sub catagories
                                and replace them with product contained inside them.

Comment

Working...
                                X