Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading Errors

Hello,

We host our v9.03 website with Actinc. Ten days ago we linked this to our new Actinic Epos system and now have the following error when uploading:

"FTP error changing directories to /."

We press retry and then the following message appears:

"An FTP error occured. The connection with the server was terminated abnormally."

The upload resumes successfully.

I rang Actinic support twice today, have compacted the database, refreshed the website, increased the ftp settings and switched off the compression facility. All to no avail.

In your opinions is this a hosting, ecommerce or epos issue?

Thank you for your help, Robert
    Robert Johnston
    www.gentlemans-shop.com

Hi Robert, my first call would be to check and test the network settings. I can understand that maybe nothing's been changed here but I find it's always a good idea to eliminate the simple things before delving deep into the unknown.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Have you ran a network test?

May I suggest you alter the title of the thread too, there's another thread with the very same title, but this it would seem is not definitely a Hosting issue as yet.

If the error only started since your EPOS system was linked, I would start there. Unfortunately I have no expreince with EPOS.

Someone else may be able to help though.

Rich

Edit: Pipped at the post, by Mike there LOL. Once you're established the network test is okay, you may want to increase the script ID and combine that with a purge and refresh.

When you purge and refresh I always delete the acatalog folder and contents of the cgi-bin with an ftp client first.

Army Gore-tex
      Winter Climbing Mitts
      webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
      Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Robert are you using compressed upload?

We have the same issue which for us is intermittent.
        The error first began when we used the compressed upload, i queried this with my hosts at the time and was pointed to the forum to look for an answer...
        We have since changed hosts and although it still happens it is notably less frequent.
        Donna

Common sense is not that common.

Comment

Thank you for all your help, we switched of the compressed upload and it works fine now.

All the best, Robert
          Robert Johnston
          www.gentlemans-shop.com

Comment

we get the same problem (webhosts 1and1 dedicated server) but the difference in upload time makes the error tolerable.
            David Mawson
            Phoenix Trading

http://www.sweetswholesale.co.uk - Wholesale confectionery suppliers

Comment

It would be interesting to know if there is anyone who uses compressed upload without this error.
              Donna

Common sense is not that common.

Comment

Originally posted by Donna View Post
                It would be interesting to know if there is anyone who uses compressed upload without this error.
                Ours was fine until we linked to Actinic EPOS! We also use Actinic hosting so it doesn't look hopeful....

Robert
                Robert Johnston
                www.gentlemans-shop.com

Comment

this probably should go to actinic support to resolve as it seems to affect different hosts thus its more an actinic thing than hosting.

Whilst it has been resoved for Robert by turning off compression, i have also seen the error on v8 sites.

Increasing timeout settings on network settings helps but doesn't totally fix

FTR - compression out of the box has only been coded for a subset of server configurations - so i was wondering if this was at the core of the issue, but Robert is hosted with actinic!! So lets hope Actinic improve compression to be a little bit more adaptable

Comment

Hello,

Since switching off the compression our uploads are working fine.

Actinic support are looking into this issue and I will let you know their answer.

Thank you for all your help,

Robert
                    Robert Johnston
                    www.gentlemans-shop.com

Comment

Working...
                    X