X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What causes empty snapshots then?

I'm interested.
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

i'm guessing its a failure in the zip algorithm?

or perhaps some mangling of the file, becasue one of the zipped files is in use/damaged?

or even down to the fact that a snapshot is a zip with extra bits.

is a blank snapshot 0 bytes in size?

can someone send me one if its bigger than 0 bytes for analysis?

Comment

0 bytes every time. I have only just noticed how many 0 byte backups I actually have - though some backups taken on the same day are the expected size, so not sure what the problem is as the backup environment is always the same...

...perhaps it's those ninjas, always those ninjas

Comment

and when these backups are taking place, do they take a long time?or is the fail instant?

Comment

Just got a workaround from Actinic for the problem we are suffering, snapshots shutting down Actinic and file created containing nothing. It would seem the problem is to do with multi images usage. Yet to try this,

The new work around is described below –

Go to the design menu – Library

Then in the layouts list scroll down to “Products” and double click

Look for “Standard Layout Using CSS Extra Images Below Main Image” and double click

Scroll down to line 25 where it says “extra image layout” in pink

Right click this and select Edit appearance

Next to where it says “Condition” it says true, change this to false.

Once you have created the snapshot go back and change this to true.
          www.parklifeclothes.co.uk

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

...or just leave it off.

Comment

I regularly get 0 size snapshots on one of my sites - it comes up with the "out of memory" error despite having 4gb installed. It takes around 25 mins when it does work and around 45 mins when it fails.

Only work around for me is to reboot PC and take a snapshot before I do anything else

PITA

Ooops! Just realised this is a V9 thread and I'm referring to 8.5.3 Sorry
              Last edited by Goz; 23-Apr-2009, 02:02 PM. Reason: stupidity!
              Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
              SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
              Based in rural Northants

Comment

The common cause seems to relate to PHP scripts included within the layouts ... causing empty ACD's and numerous DMP files.

Bikster
                SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Every time Actinic generates a '0' byte snapshot there is very little difference in the time it takes when creating an OK snapshot - typically around the 20-25 minute mark.

Comment

Originally posted by parklifeclothes View Post
                    Just got a workaround from Actinic for the problem we are suffering, snapshots shutting down Actinic and file created containing nothing. It would seem the problem is to do with multi images usage. Yet to try this,

Look for “Standard Layout Using CSS Extra Images Below Main Image” and double click

Genius, thanks for posting that your timing was impecable. I was about to smash 2 laptops with oure frustrated rage LOL.

Army Gore-tex
                    Winter Climbing Mitts
                    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

It works! Now the proud owner of an upto date Snapshot, hooray!

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

It would seem the problem is to do with multi images usage
                        This should be fixed in v9.0.4 then, as the issue which 'breaks' this is being fixed so with a bit of luck it'll fix the snapshot issue, too

Comment

Hopefully Chris at Actinic Support won't mind me quoting from his email

'This problem is due to a bug in the software which will be fixed in our next patch due out very soon'

Darron

Parklife, Whitby

Comment

Now having the problem of when we send snapshots to our designer they download ok but he cannot then create a snapshot of his work to send back, fast becoming a joke

Parklife, Whitby

Comment

I now have to ask the client send a complete zipped site folder, then I send back a zipped ActinicCatalog.mdb or text files of the relevant layout changes with images and installation instructions.

Comment

Working...
                              X