No announcement yet.

Contact Us Page - problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've now tried several different personal email address's and all work fine. The only one's that don't work are our 'work' emails !!!
    Andy

Comment

I've also tried a fresh 'demo' site with the contact us form in it's original state and still get the same results.
      I've spoken with Clara net (our hosting company) who simply tell me to talk to Actinic! - dog chasing it's own tail syndrome
      Andy

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJay View Post
        I've now tried several different personal email address's and all work fine. The only one's that don't work are our 'work' emails !!!
        Andy
        Are these 'work email' accounts hosted by Clara?
        Are they the same domain name as the site?

If one address works and others don't then I can't see it being due to Actinic.

Comment

Hi drounding
          No none of the email address's i've tried are hosted by Clara.
          I can use any personal email address in the 'Business Settings' and it works fine, all 'contact us' emails are received.
          When i enter my works email address, i don't receive any errors and the page directs to the 'thank you page'. But i don't get the emails.
          I'm using 'localhost' as my SMTP in the Actinic Settings. I get all 'pass' reports when i test the settings too.
          Very Odd.

Thanks
          Andy

Comment

Sounds like your 'work' email server is perhaps blocking the site emails as spam perhaps.

Comment

Ok - Just been on the phone again to Clara Net.
              I've explained to support that if i change the email address in the 'business settings' to my personal email address, the contact form works fine and if i change it back to my company email address, i don't receive the emails.
              I explained that im using 'localhost' as the SMTP setting.
              His reaction was 'what has it got to do with them?'
              I don't fully understand how smtp works.
              How does 'localhost' actually work?

Thanks
              Andy

Comment

I don't think this has anythng to do with Actinic or Clara but rather your 'work' blocking emails received from the store.

localhost just means that your email server is local to your hosting server.

Comment

Sorry to jump onto this topic, i didnt want to open a new topic on this same subject.

I've searched the forums and knowledge base and havent found a solution.

My contact page doesnt work.

1. i have not touched the code nor tampered with the form at all.
                  2. I recieve an email when i do a network settings test.
                  3. i recieve emails when i get orders etc
                  4. i use localhost and my host is Namesco
                  5. Apart from the contact us form, Everything works fine.
                  6. No Spelling mistakes.

Perhaps i need to strip the code from the contact form and re-enter it. ?
                  Can sombody post up the code or where can i find it

The code below is from my contact us page:

Anyone spot anything wrong?

<form method="post" action="<Actinic:Variable Name="SendMailPageURL"/>">
                  <input type="hidden" name="RANDOM" value="<actinic:variable name='Random'/>" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsHostMode%22%20%2f%3e">
                  <!-- Hidden field when in trial mode -->
                  <input type="hidden" name="SHOP" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="HiddenFields"/>" />
                  </actinic:block>

<actinic:variable Name="ValidationError"/>

<table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0">
                  <tr>
                  <td width="15">&nbsp;</td>
                  <td colspan="2">
                  <strong><Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormHeader"/></strong><br />
                  <br />
                  </td>
                  </tr>
                  <tr>
                  <td>&nbsp;</td>
                  <td>
                  <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormName"/> *</span>
                  </td>
                  <td>
                  <input type="text" name="Name" size="50" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormNameValue"/>" />
                  </td>
                  </tr>
                  <tr>
                  <td>&nbsp;</td>
                  <td>
                  <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormSubject"/> *</span>
                  </td>
                  <td>
                  <input type="text" name="Subject" size="50" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormSubjectValue"/>" />
                  </td>
                  </tr>
                  <tr>
                  <td>&nbsp;</td>
                  <td>
                  <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormEmail"/> *</span>
                  </td>
                  <td>
                  <input type="text" name="EmailAddress" size="50" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormEmailValue"/>" />
                  </td>
                  </tr>
                  <tr>
                  <td valign="top">&nbsp;</td>
                  <td valign="top">
                  <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormMessage"/> *</span>
                  </td>
                  <td>
                  <textarea type="text" rows="10" cols="45" name="Message"><Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormMessageValue"/></textarea>
                  </td>
                  </tr>
                  <tr>
                  <td>
                  <input type="submit" name="ACTION" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="MailFormSendButton"/>" />
                  </td>
                  </tr>
                  <tr>
                  <td colspan="2" valign="top">
                  <Actinic:Variable Name="RequiredFields"/> <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="Highlighted"/></span>.
                  </td>
                  </tr>
                  </table>

</form>

Sorry to bring this topic back up but im stuck!.

Thanks
                  Benn
                  Personalied Mug Gifts Personalised Mouse mats

Comment

Go to the design library, find the layout and reset it back to default.

You didn't explain what happens on the contact us page - does it say the email has been sent - is their a script error or what?

Comment

sorry.

it says email has been sent, once ive filled in the contact form and press send.
                      No script errors coming up.

i set to factory settings on the following:
                      design/library/layout/ Email innner layout & outer layout

Still no luck.

thanks
                      Benn

Comment

thought id bump this thread again because im still getting anywhere.

Ive hiden the text on the "contact us" link so customers wont click on it but the button is still there.

I failed to say that im using V9 of Actinic.

So Everythings working, network test emails send etc etc. customers get there emails.. Everything works except the contact form, ive tried different email address to see if it would work, ive copied to code from another computer running an actinic site and that still doesnt work.

According the google analytics i was getting alot of people using my contact form. Obviously im not getting these emails, so as you can see im losing potential customers.

Any help..

thanks
                        Benn

Comment

Working...
                        X