Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Actinic slows to a halt for the first time in ages.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good, sites uploading now so that will take a little while.

Havent found anything via Google to say others have been affected by any changes to the addme button workings. I'll have a look on the addme site now, see if theres any mention of script changes at their end. Maybe its a nasty that visits your site via the addme interweb trail?

Kirk has the add me button on his product pages.
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Addthis toolbar is also on my site reporting slowness.

Comment

Given that a try Duncan and it seems to work. It hides it on the pc but still uploads it to my site and actinic is still working okay with it.

I'd better put that round them all then in case of any future similar problems.

Thanks

PS I've sent a report to addthis site to see if they can shed some light on it
        Helen
        www.postapresent.co.uk
        Gifts by Post & Giftwrapping Service

Comment

Theres an update on May the 7th according to their blog.

Edit, have a look on their forum, accessable from the above 'site. Someones mentioned a java issue, anongst a couple of other things. It worked fine till last week, so somethings obviously changed.

More evidence of changes.
          Football Heaven

Comment

I've just tried the updated button, but it still gives the same issues unless you delete it or put Duncan's code round it.
            Helen
            www.postapresent.co.uk

Comment

Support snaphot request for performance issue

Originally posted by cbarling View Post
              Summarising what has been discovered in this and other threads:

- Actinic performance becomes unbearably slow

- This has impacted at least George Mackie, Mark Ward, Darron (Parklifeclothes), Helen(Bonjour), Kirk Pruitt, Dorian Hendrie, and LeeHackett and Teclan report clients with this problem. So at least eight are effected but probably many more, although still a minority

- No one has yet managed to eliminate the problem (but see post above this one which came in while I was composing this post)

- It appears not to be caused by Actinic's code:
              * it's happened without any update of software from Actinic
              * people are reporting it running both v8 and v9
              * there is at least one report of taking a snapshot and importing into the same version of Actinic on a different computer and the problem disappearing

So one suspects an automatic update of some type (but then why isn't everyone impacted?) or some malware.

All further ideas very welcome. I'll be getting someone from support to co-ordinate the response.

Chris
              Hello all,

I understand there is a performance issue developing with Actinic. I wish to investigate this issue by taking some support snapshots from these cases and trying to recreate the problem at our end.

My email address is: pmsupport [@] actinic.co.uk

Please see instructions to create a support snapshot below:

1) Open Actinic.

2) Go To: Help | Troubleshooting

3) Tick the box "Remove Name, Address, phone, fax and Email details"

4) Click the button "Support Snapshot"

5) Save this file.

If the size of the file is less than 10MB please email it to me, if the file is larger, please email me to arrange a secure method of file transfer.

In the email please include:

1) Exact steps to recreate the performance issue, e.g switching tabs, moving between sections in the content tree.
              2) The exact version of your operating system, eg XP Pro SP3
              3) The version of Actinic you are using and how many users if Business Plus

Thanks for your assistance. I will keep you updated with this investigation.

Paul
              Paul Murphy
              Operations Manager - SellerDeck

Comment

Our sites still uploading. Just wondering though, if it`is` the addme button, why is half the interweb world not affected (since these buttons are everywhere these days)? And why was our site still slow when preview was off?

So many questions.
                Football Heaven

Comment

Doesn't actinic work differently than most sites?
                  Helen
                  www.postapresent.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by george View Post
                    Our sites still uploading. Just wondering though, if it`is` the addme button, why is half the interweb world not affected (since these buttons are everywhere these days)?
                    because the majority of the 'interweb' is generating/managing their pages ONLINE and so not 'pulling' this code, from online, down to the desktop like Actinic does

It's always prudent to add that blockif that Duncan mentioned to ALL external code in Actinic as it can significantly speed things up (with or without preview, it seems)
                    Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by Bonjour View Post
                      Doesn't actinic work differently than most sites?
                      Our problem seems to be that we're working from a desktop but taking (dodgy) code from elsewhere thus melting our pc's memory (or whatever term should be used).

The addme code needs to be fixed. I suppose I could have a look at the task manager thingy's catalog speed with, and without, the addme code running.

Edit: Remembering of course, the issue is with offline use of catalog, as opposed to the interweb use of our sites. So, I guess I answered my own question. Duh.
                      Football Heaven

Comment

Has it worked yet George? Got my fingers crossed for you.
                        Helen
                        www.postapresent.co.uk

Comment

Yes, it looks like its fixed now. Worked fine without the addme code, and adding the addme code killed it again.

I'll report again shortly if theres any issues.
                          Football Heaven

Comment

Originally posted by george View Post
                            Yes, it looks like its fixed now. Worked fine without the addme code, and adding the addme code killed it again.
                            and adding the 'addme' code with the IsNotPreviewMode code around it? (or don't you care any more?)
                            Tracey

Comment

Does anyone know the number of clicks these social bookmarks get from ecommerce sites?
                              Are they just hip to have and look snazzy or are they really worthwhile?

Comment

George - your WeTrust logo is out of date...

Comment

Working...
                                X