V9.0.4 upgrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leehack View Post
    They will show in a list, your aim is to get it to mimic how your section link layout looks usually, so set product column count to the same as section column count etc. You in effect have a lot of products on one page, but you get them to look like sections (if that's what you want) and then when clicked you get taken off the master SPP page. No duplicate content, reduced number of pages and improved internal linking, win win.

Top left product on both of the following pages take you to the same page, one's an SPP, one's a duplicate product.

http://www.quantumelectronics.co.uk/...-speakers.html

and

http://www.quantumelectronics.co.uk/...Acoustics.html
    Hi Lee,

Probably not the place for this discussion, but was just curious about a couple of things on the Quantum site:
    1. Are you using the section method (as per the Advanced Guide) to have a single product page?
    2. What is your method for creating a Brand list? I have done it in a couple of ways in the past, but just wanted to check I'm not missing something else
    Web . Design . Multimedia . Branding

Comment

Hi Richard

1. Not sure what the AUG method says, however I give each product a section of its own
      2. For by brand lists I add duplicates of the products into the relevant sections and have those duplicates linking back to the original SPP page as setup in point 1

Comment

Hi Lee,
        1. Cool. That's what the AUG method says and is what I do.
        2. Hadn't thought of doing it like that and very much like the method.

Cheers.
        Web . Design . Multimedia . Branding

Comment

Just upgraded from 9.02 to 9.04 (9.03 simply kept falling over during uploads) and it worked first time! Times for routine uploads for price changes etc. have reduced from about 20 minutes to 7 mins & single page uploads 95 secs. I'll find out tomorrow if the % order completion bugs are sorted and try out the Fraud Status feature.

Nice to be positive for once, well done Actinic.

Paul
          http://www.technobots.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Cooper View Post
            Just upgraded from 9.02 to 9.04 (9.03 simply kept falling over during uploads) and it worked first time! Times for routine uploads for price changes etc. have reduced from about 20 minutes to 7 mins & single page uploads 95 secs. I'll find out tomorrow if the % order completion bugs are sorted and try out the Fraud Status feature.

Nice to be positive for once, well done Actinic.

Paul
            http://www.technobots.co.uk
            You have the same problem as I do... try login in to your test account...

Actinic bugged something up, could this be one of the template pages? I noticed that some have been changed in v9.04...

I also noticed the error in firebug:

"Permission denied to get property XULElement.accessKey
            undefined"

and as i click on to "undefined" I get this in a pop up...

"Address Not Found
            www.xpcsafejsobjectwrapper.cpp could not be found. Please check the name and try again.
            The browser could not find the host server for the provided address.
            * Did you make a mistake when typing the domain? (e.g. "ww.mozilla.org" instead of "www.mozilla.org")... and so on."

Any ideas? Come on guys, how many of you upgraded to v9.04 and having the same problem but are not aware of it because you do not login with your test account?

Hope to get this problem solved asap and hopefully others will benefit from the thoughts you can share in here.

Contacting the support team will be my last resort, they are like every other support team in the UK - useless when you don't pay them, they will be solving your problem forever...

BTW, the same secure/unsecure items warning window comes up after you return to catalog from receipt page...

Comment

They will show in a list, your aim is to get it to mimic how your section link layout looks usually, so set product column count to the same as section column count etc. You in effect have a lot of products on one page, but you get them to look like sections (if that's what you want) and then when clicked you get taken off the master SPP page. No duplicate content, reduced number of pages and improved internal linking, win win.

Top left product on both of the following pages take you to the same page, one's an SPP, one's a duplicate product.

and

hi, trying to set this up now I have some time.
              But having problems.
              I want the duplicate products which are linked to sections to show the same as the original sub sections.

here is a link to what i want them to look like (this is our normal set up of products)
              wwwwww dot treasureislandsweets dot co.uk/acatalog/Liquorice.html

within our new section we have a list of duplicate products and would like them to appear in that section like the link above, ie just a thumbnail with a simple text link below it in centre. When clicked on it will take u to the product.

All help many thanks
              wesley
              Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

If you want the product layout to look like the section link layout, then you need to create a brand new product layout that mimics the look of the section link layout and then use that on the products (the duplicates) you want to look like that. When i install this on sites, i set the product layout on the parent section, as all products in these sections are duplicates in my situation, which is a much easier situation.

Comment

hi, thanks, a new product layout I thought that might be the way.
                  The new products layout looks closest to what I need, so i might start there!
                  Kind Regards
                  Wesley
                  Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Just upgraded to this (due to switching to sagepay) and have some wierd VAT error in some orders. It's not specific to any particular PSP but the VAT dissapears in the second column of the Tax tab on the order and the orders won't export to Sage over sage link.

Anyone else experienced this? I have compacted etc.
                    Blank DVD
                    Cloth Nappies

Comment

and

Hi, i have created a new product layout and now have a section of duplicate products linking to the originals. When linking up the duplicate to the master in 'links/advanced links' i have a problem with the dispalyed result for one item.
                      'giant white mice'
                      Clicking on the link for white mice the resulting page displays with the top 3rd missing, something to do with a anchor but i ma not sure which one to change.

The other products display ok but it is becasue i linke dthem to sections and not a product.
                      Linking to a product is better for us.

www dot treasureislandsweets dot co dot uk /acatalog/Halloween-Bonfire-Sweets.html

Anyone who can help me solve this many thanks.
                      thanks
                      wesley
                      Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Working...
                      X