Home page is hidden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home page is hidden

I'm new to Actinic, but am starting to familiarise myself with it.
    I've managed to update a lot of an inherited site, but the one issue I can't resolve (having searched the forums and documentation) is my Home page is 'hidden on my website'. I can page preview in Actinic but not offline. Any help much appreciated.

Is the checkbox ticked to mark it as the home page and does it have some content on it? If so, try updating some content on it and then updating the site. You usually get a message asking whether you want to update the index file, make sure you tick yes. Tutorial about brochure pages on my site if you are not sure.

Comment

Hopepage checkbox is checked. Will go through your tutorials tonight - they look like they could come in very handy. Thanks a million.

Comment

Hi Lee,

Your tutorials are very well done btw and I'm sure that I will be returning as a refresher again and again!

I still cant get my home page to preview, not sure why. I've attached a screen shot which might give some insight. It's the only page on the site (except for those pages which I have purposefully hidden) which I can't "Preview Current Page" and don't want to upload the new site (which has a design refresh) until I know it's working...

Any guidance much appreciated.
        Attached Files

Comment

It appears to only have one fragment and that fragment is hidden, therefore it is classed as not having any content i suspect. Either upload in test mode or upload to a test domain, you can test it properly then.

Comment

mine does the same
            I don't have any fragments/products on my homepage and Actinic seems to think it's hidden.
            It uploads and displays fine online though (and on the offline preview in Actinic)

Upload to test webspace to confirm either way before believing Actinic, IMO
            Tracey

Comment

testing failure...

I've been able to test the site on the live server, having been granted prmission by the client. Unfortunately it's not working and I (and he) would like it back up and running asap! Any help would be much appreciated...

You can see the site here: http://www.authenticindianspice.com - but no index.html page uploaded (so I uploaded an 'Under Construction' holding page). However the brochure pages did upload fine: http://www.authenticindianspice.com/aboutus.html.

There is another problem too - you will see that you can't get to the Cart or Contact pages - instead get the following error: "Error: Error opening configuration file ../acatalog/prompt.fil. No such file or directory". I have searched the forums and posted this error on another thread so hoping to get some help on this one too... http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=36592

Comment

Have you un-hidden the fragment?

Army Gore-tex
                Winter Climbing Mitts
                webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Originally posted by webD View Post
                  Have you un-hidden the fragment?
                  How do you unhide a fragment? I get a tick box option for brochure pages, but not fragments.

Comment

Bloody good question... There are visibility settings when customer accounts are set up, but I beleive that was only applied to section pages.

Create a new fragment, or recreate the existing one and delete the original and see what happens.

Back up though...

Army Gore-tex
                    Winter Climbing Mitts
                    Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

Done that but it just creates multiple hidden fragments...
                      Deleting them all and then creating a new one - again created a hidden fragment.

Comment

Hmmm that is strange.

I'll have a look later on when I'm back at a PC, but hopefully someone will have jumped in by then and saved the day.

Army Gore-tex
                        Winter Climbing Mitts
                        Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

Quite how IS that fragment hidden because it's not possible, I thought?

Daft question (we're reduced to them) but you've checked that your homepage is called index.html, I presume?

There does seem to be something not quite right. TBH, I'd log an email support ticket (or phone, if you have Cover)
                          Tracey

Comment

Roll up, roll up, get your bets on:

Actinic bug - 3/1
                            PBKAC - 1/2

All bets are final.

Comment

inclined to agree but even if it is PBKAC, I'd still log a ticket so I'd know.
                              It's pretty hard for any of us to advise from posts and screenshots. I'd say the only way of spotting anything amiss would be to have it installed in front of us and that's something only the OP and Actinic Support could do.
                              Tracey

Comment

Working...
                              X