Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by click4 View Post
    Hi
    Just checking, in the download I didnt receive the file dropdowns/date/toplevels.js - is this something i need...it just wasnt in the zip file @ http://themes.stinkyink.com/actinic-dropdowns/

Cheers
    toplevels.js should be automatically generated and uploaded onto the site. If it's not being created let me know and I will try to track down what is going wrong.

Comment

Version 1.2 removes an external dependency which disappeared today. Please update to the new version as soon as possible.

Comment

Hello

Thank you for the updated link - it all works perfectly I was wondering if it was possible to make the drop down boxes appear in a horizontal line rather than a verticle one? If you are able to help I would be really grateful

Thank you

Comment

Hi Allison,

That is pretty easy to do fortunately. Currently they appear below one another because there's a <br /> tag after each one. This is controlled by the dropdowns.js file here:
          Code:
          var after  = '<br />';
          You could put whatever markup you like in here and it will appear after every <select> created. To get rid of the line breaks, you could just replace the line with:
          Code:
          var after  = '';
          This will cause them to appear horizontally. If you have any problems let me know.

Comment

Blimey - that was easy Thank you

Comment

New version! Lets you start with a subsection already selected.

Comment

I love this add on - works brilliantly. I was wondering however if when you click on the first drop down option you could stop the second drop down automatically changing to one of the options? I would rather it stayed as the option title ie as with your website when you click on 'Chose your Manufacturer' the second drop down stays as the title 'Chose your Family'.

As ever your help is always appreciated

Thank you

Comment

Hi Allison,

It should stay with the default option selected. Have you got it uploaded somewhere so that I could have a look at it? Should be easy to fix.

Cheers
                  -rob.

Comment

Hi Rob

The link to one of our sites is http://www.test.markcouttsphotography.co.uk/
                    When you use the first option the only one that has anything behind it is Models and as you will see the second drop down then defaults to Dorset. Really appreciate you having a look for me

Thanks Rob

Comment

Hi Allison,

I see the problem, will hopefully have it fixed this evening or tomorrow. I'll let you know when the new version is available.

Cheers
                      -rob.

Comment

Thanks Rob. Much appreciated

Comment

Hi Allison,

Sorry this has taken a while. The new version on http://printinginks.net/ should work properly, I think it was just an eccentricity of IE causing the issue.

If it works for you, the only file you need to change is the dropdowns.js file. I've attached the revised version. I will post the full new version when I'm back at my desk.

Cheers
                          -rob.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for yourhelp so far - a little more if I may?

I have changed the dropdowns.js file and now my dropdowns are not working at all? Have I misunderstood your instructions?

Thanks again

Comment

Hi Allison,

It doesn't look like it's generated the data properly. Do you have the latest version of Export.txt and siteincludes.php working on your site?

Thanks
                              -rob.

Comment

I have reinstalled the last version on the link I gave you to make it work but would be really grateful if you could post the new version with the defaults set to read the option.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                                X