Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to change from one Outer Layout to another

Hi,
    I have just implemented Actinic Payments on my site which uses Actinic 9.0.5 Business Plus, it works OK except that the bounce page before Actinic Payments does not have the same layout as all the other pages, to be frank it looks horrible and seems to have inherited some corrupted default hybrid layout.

It also does not automatically refresh to the Actinic Payments site which makes it even worse. What do I change in the design/layout to fix it?

If I look in the designer at the SSL Bounce page, as a comparison, the difference seems to be the use of an unwanted theme of "Works best with executive" (wherever that came from it's rubbish) instead of "Act_Primary (upgraded)" which is used on all my other pages.

There doesn't seem to be any way to change a page's top level container/layout from one existing layout to another that I can see. All the help just talks about making changes to the layout itself - but I've got a perfectly good layout as used on all the other pages.

Could this have happened as a result of upgrading through the versions from 4 to 7 to 8 and then to 9?

Hi Nick,

Welcome to the community.

Try looking in Site Settings> Layout - PSP Bounce Page.

It sounds like you have used Actinic to upgrade your layout from V7 which can result in some extremely inefficient code. This can affect the page load times and future compatability of your site. All the advice on here is to start a completely fresh design layout from V8 onwards.
    Alan Johnson

Quality Parrot Cages & Accessories by Parrotize UK
    Pet Accessories by Animal Instinct

Comment

Originally posted by animal dreams View Post
      Hi Nick,

Welcome to the community.

Try looking in Site Settings> Layout - PSP Bounce Page.

It sounds like you have used Actinic to upgrade your layout from V7 which can result in some extremely inefficient code. This can affect the page load times and future compatability of your site. All the advice on here is to start a completely fresh design layout from V8 onwards.
      Alan,
      thanks - unfortunately several of the alternatives shown in the drop down list have blank descriptions, which is not very helpful. I guess this could be due to upgrades.
      So what I've done instead is go into Design,Library,Layouts and copy and paste the html from "Act_Primary (upgraded)" into "Works best with Executive" - bit of a bodge but it works.

Comment

Working...
      X