Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sage Link - 2010 and Actinic V10

I have to ask this . . . .

Sage 2010 has been out a while and we dont have a upgraded link to work with this version.

I know it is scheduled for actinc V10 - but who knows when that will be out?

I've spoken to support but they don't know either.

Also, as some of you may not be aware, Sage will be issuing a new release at the end of this year.......MYSQL back end.

At this rate by the time the link to Sage 2010 is out, the new version of Sage will be out.

Is there any way the link can be released beforehand otherwise I'll have to start at other solutions/possibilities?

Anyone know what's going on?

I guess they have to consentrate on core software like V10 before putting all resorces onto software like link which is free, but by it's nature link programs will always be quite a few months behind new releases of sage as they can only realisticaly work on the final version

Pity MS Accounts went down the drain as I hoped that would be the answer to our prayers
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

We'll be making an announcement on this shortly once we have the staff working on it. We've estimated the work and it should mean us making support for Sage 2010 available in a few weeks.

Chris

Comment

great news - i was ready to roll back to Sage 2009 and re-do my code - customer would not have been happy.

Comment

Link Main Point

I think it may be bad business sense to give low priority to the Link software, if that is the case. With my business, the whole point of choosing Actinic was the Sage Link.

Sarah

Comment

yes, me too - normally is a deal clincher

however, i hope the announcement is not it'll be next year and more like next month

Comment

Originally posted by itflash View Post
              however, i hope the announcement is not it'll be next year and more like next month
              It would be hard to justify a "few weeks" actually meaning at least 46 .

Comment

Originally posted by cbarling View Post
                We'll be making an announcement on this shortly once we have the staff working on it. We've estimated the work and it should mean us making support for Sage 2010 available in a few weeks.

Chris
                Hi!

Its been a month since the last announcement and a month since I have been able to use Actinic since I upgraded to Sage 2010. Is there a release date yet?

Comment

V10 will be released then the sage link will come shortly after, this is normally the route it takes.

I have to ask why you would upgrade to sage 2010 knowing the link is not avaliable? it works for previous versions so i would have stuck with that until a new one was release.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
                    V10 will be released then the sage link will come shortly after, this is normally the route it takes.

I have to ask why you would upgrade to sage 2010 knowing the link is not avaliable? it works for previous versions so i would have stuck with that until a new one was release.
                    We had to upgrade to 2010 as a company issue, nothing to do with Actinic. We wanted the function of Sagepage to be added to our invoices which we needed.

Also on the forum it said you were looking to launch the new version in the 1st quarter of the year. The 1st quarter is nearly over, so had hoped it would be out now.

When do you realisticly think something would be launched? I see you have a beta version of 10 out, but how can you test without the link? Is there a beta version of Link?

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Comment

Somebody is working on the Sage link release as we speak. It should come out a handful of days after the v10 release, itself expected in 2-3 weeks.

Chris

Comment

Somebody is working on the Sage link release as we speak. It should come out a handful of days after the v10 release, itself expected in 2-3 weeks.

Chris
                        That's great news........i can't wait!!

Comment

Chris
                          Hi Chris.

Do you by any chance have a release date yet? Im desparate for the new Actinic Link!

I now have another web shop to create and my deadline is a June launch, so its gonna be tight.

Your help is appreciated.

regards

Scott

Comment

I still can't give a precise date but it will be a handful of weeks at the most.

Essentially, for both Sage Link and v10 the development work is done and it's down to testing and bug fixing. Both will be released as soon as we are happy with the quality.

Chris

Comment

Could i also voice my concerns regarding the delay of the SAGE Link for sage2010.

A Handful of weeks seems to continually turn into 2 handsfuls of weeks...

Come on Actinic , you tout the Link as a huge carrott when selling the product , but treat it like a distant cousin when there's issues with it.

I now have a member of staff who has to spend all their time re-typeing orders between actinic/sage2010.

Comment

Working...
                              X