Sage Link - 2010 and Actinic V10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eck247 View Post
    Could i also voice my concerns regarding the delay of the SAGE Link for sage2010.

A Handful of weeks seems to continually turn into 2 handsfuls of weeks...

Come on Actinic , you tout the Link as a huge carrott when selling the product , but treat it like a distant cousin when there's issues with it.

I now have a member of staff who has to spend all their time re-typeing orders between actinic/sage2010.
    Contact Tech support. There is a BETA version out, but bear in mind this is ONLY a BETA version. It seems ok to me and i tested it on Friday. However, I have only tested pulling product info from Sage and not orders as our site is not finished.

Comment

Thanks for the info , have emailed support. Guess i will just wait a few days for a reply...

Going on my current experiences with supports failure to resolve or even communicate with me regarding my actinic problem , if i can't atleast have actinic link to my sage2010 very soon , then i recon i would be cheaper looking for an alternative cart solution than having an employee sit all day manually entering orders into sage.

Comment

Originally posted by eck247 View Post
        Thanks for the info , have emailed support. Guess i will just wait a few days for a reply...

Going on my current experiences with supports failure to resolve or even communicate with me regarding my actinic problem , if i can't atleast have actinic link to my sage2010 very soon , then i recon i would be cheaper looking for an alternative cart solution than having an employee sit all day manually entering orders into sage.
        No problem as all.

I actually find the support not too bad. About 6 months ago it was not very good, but seems to have improved.

Just so you know the CEO actually emailed me directly to resolve this. He is known as CBarling on here, so maybe drop him a line. He does monitor the forums.

Good luck.

Comment

The beta of Sage Link v10 isn't officially out yet. It's backed up behind the regression test of v10 (which is currently happening), waiting for QA resources.

We did make teh new version available to one customer, as indicated on this thread, who specifically emailed me requesting it.

We don't expect any issues, but you never know. There has been progress, and it really won't be long now before it's out.

I agree that we haven't handled this overall in a timely way. We will be responding to new releases of Sage much more quickly in the future.

Chris

Comment

Thanks for the replay , i have just been informed also by support that the beta is not available , hopefully in a few days was his reply. Which i really doubt going on previous promises.

I am new to actinic , only having purchased business plus & support in december09. But my main issue is that is was sold to me on the basis on the sage link, our whole company , from field sales to office supplies revolves around Sage. But now i have had to pull an employee away from her normal job to sit and manually enter orders into sage. I think the continuation of the delays to provide the sage link leaves me no alternative but to revert back to our old solution and to look at other cart solutions in the meantime.

I did have support ticket which was opened several weeks , if not months ago , ticket 210866. Accept this message as confirmation that it can now be closed with no resolution.

Comment

Sounds bloody stupid that you cannot be a Beta Tester for them when they know of your problems.
              Chris Ashdown

Comment

Unless they have already found a big bug so don't want any more testing
                Chris Ashdown

Comment

We try and be open about what we're doing and do understand the frustration if delays in software releases cause work to be done that isn't necessary, but please bear with us a handful more days.

To summarise the state of play:

- Sage brought out a new release that wasn't backwards compatible. Actinic were, I have acknolwdeged, slow to react. We will do better in the future

- after a number of people had complained, we scheduled the development work necessary. That work has now been completed

- the developmnent and QA team are currently in their busiest period for two years. We are just prior to a major release. We are doing final testing on v10 and it is taking priority over everything else

- The new Sage Link hasn't yet been tested at all. Under these circumstances, we are loathe to put it on general beta test

- The new Sage Link is the top priority after v10. Timescales are it *might* (at best) come out on beta this week and *will* (at worst) come out on beta by the end next week. The beta release will have had a short test before it comes out to make sure there are no major issues

- Full release will depend on what (if anything) is found duirng the beta which will run in parallel with the full regression test, which takes three days effort

Hope that all makes sense.

Chris

Comment

Thanks for your comments Chris Ashdown.

As Scott mentioned , he has the beta and seems ok to him , even if the beta was only to carry over the very basics of the order , it would be a massive help to us.

Regarding all the comments above from Actinic CEO , i do understand that you have a lot of work and have to do whats best for your company , but i also have to do what is best for my company.

Just a little disappointed that Actinic only reacted after customer complaints (Your 2nd Point).Maybe you should realise just how important the Sage Link is to a lot of your customers and how your sales team treat it as a selling tool.

My accountant is forever telling us to be Pro-Active , Not Re-active

Comment

I have also been following the actinic-sage link thread/update as I use Sage as well. Surely Actinic know that Sage updates their software every Aug/Sept without delays and most SageCover customers get their update accounts package around that time.

Doesn't it then make sense to develop the link software (independantly) to coincide with this rather than waiting at least 6 months thus making Actinic-Sage link only valid for the next 4-5 months until the cycle is repeated again?

One of the main reasons I have also purchased actinic is for the Sage Link and I think Actinic are underestimating the importance and the number of users using this vital bit of software.

Comment

An update

We have a build that is almost ready for testing, however I discovered that the installation package was missing one of the Sage Data Objects Engines, that is a quick fix and I very much expect there to be a build ready for download tomorrow.

I'll post links and all of that when there is.
                        Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

I am pleased to announce the Sage 2010 Compatible Beta Release of Actinic Link

Please go to http://getsatisfaction.com/actinic/t...ible_link_beta for more info

If you find any issues with the software, please report them at the link above, rather than on the community.

Many thanks in advance of your participation.
                          Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Hi, is there a release for this now other than the beta?
                            I have started to install actinic v10 but notice there isnt an option to install sage 50 2010 engines, only previous releases?

Cheers Keith

Comment

Hi Keith

The new release is now available from our download site - its version number is 2.5.1 KFAA I presume you have Sage 2010 installed on the same machine as Link? If so the SDO for 2010 is not required and link / Actinic will detect that.

Hope this clears things up
                              Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Darren, Sage 2010 is installed on our 2008 server and I am installing actinic v10 to our 2008 server which is why I was looking for the updated engine, but I won't need this then.
                                Thankyou.
                                Keith

Cheers Keith

Comment

Working...
                                X