Anyone else here use Business Plus Version9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jan View Post
    Mark0x .. if your database crashes a lot, access sometime deletes the primary keys on tables, this causes problems for Actinic. If you are getting duplicate order lines then I would guess that you are missing a primary key on the order detail table. Actinic support can check this for you if you are not familiar with access.

Regards,
    Thanks for your suggestion, my OrderDetail is indeed missing its primary key & I have rectified it

Unfortunately this was the least occuring/annoying issue!

Comment

Using V9.5 multi with 8 sites and 6 users and near basic setup.

Crashes very seldom maybe 1 month

Problem is slow downloading from slave computers but understand that is fixed in V10

Dont use stock control so maybe thats where the crashes come from

Basically happy apart from the speed just slower than dead slow especially changing sites on slaves
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Originally posted by mark0x View Post
        Thanks for your suggestion, my OrderDetail is indeed missing its primary key & I have rectified it

Unfortunately this was the least occuring/annoying issue!
        :-) Sorry, fixing it should resolve the missing order lines and the adjustment duplications. Check your other tables, particularly the order table and the marketing tables, there is also a table called 'Content Lists' that must have a primary key, if it doesn't you often get crashes when you upload. Microsoft access, randomly delete indexes when a program crashes with the database open, so it's a vicious circle, a crash causes an index to be deleted, then the missing index causes invalid data to be added to the table and then more crashes occur. V10 validates the database on start-up and recreates any missing indexes.

The issue with upload, where you start and upload and the window just disappears can happen if you have a problem with FTP, so it might be worth checking your settings.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by smileeej View Post
          Hi Jan

Strange question but at least once a day. The office including router etc. all get shut down at night so everything is restarted in the morning.

Cheers

Jerry
          I was wondering if the error was a cumulative error or just a random one, it seems to be random and so must be due to a problem with your database or your network or something else. If you are not changing anything in Actinic and doing the same thing sometimes crashes and sometimes doesn't it points to something outside of the program to be the cause. If you can reproduce a problem again and again then it's likely to be a bug in the program.
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
            :-) Sorry, fixing it should resolve the missing order lines and the adjustment duplications. Check your other tables, particularly the order table and the marketing tables, there is also a table called 'Content Lists' that must have a primary key, if it doesn't you often get crashes when you upload. Microsoft access, randomly delete indexes when a program crashes with the database open, so it's a vicious circle, a crash causes an index to be deleted, then the missing index causes invalid data to be added to the table and then more crashes occur. V10 validates the database on start-up and recreates any missing indexes.

The issue with upload, where you start and upload and the window just disappears can happen if you have a problem with FTP, so it might be worth checking your settings.

Regards,
            I've just been through every single table and the Order table had managed to lose its primary key too so I've added that back in. All the rest were ok.

I'm not sure about the upload thing, at one point I even resorted to running Wireshark to see what was going on at the FTP level but Actinic just sends a "QUIT" and then closes the upload window

I run my own dedicated servers and was thinking about switching to a different FTP server (currently use ProFTPD) but I just haven't got the time to mess about with it at the moment and I'm pretty sure that won't solve it anyway - every other FTP client/program that I/other users use with my server work fine

I've also played with the settings for a while too and couldn't come up with any combination that would reliably upload on every attempt

Comment

I used to get loads of crashes when version 9 first came out to the point that updating my website was just not possible. I would only download orders and be too scared to do anything else. (i gave up with support as well), but this version 9.0.5 seemed to fix most of them.. I generally get the odd crash here and there now, especially since i done a clean install after moving to a new computer.

Have you tried a clean install?
              Business Plus V9.0.5
              Windows 7 Home Premium

Comment

Hi

To Jan, what you seem to be saying is that the longer you use Actinic it slowly corrupts the database which can cause crashes. Is this not therefore a bad system to use?

To djferros, what do you mean by a clean install? When you install Actinic it looks for any old sites and converts them so I asume you mean deletet actinic completely then load a new version and put all your site data, configuration etc. in from scratch? That would take weeks of work.

FYI I have tried exporting the catalog information to import into a new shop but actinic throws up all sorts of errors ao gave this up as a bad job. It just doesn't seem capable of reading its own export files.

As for the FTP loading, the web settings seem to be actinic supports stock answer to everything. However they have no answer if you have been uploading succesfully for weeks and then it just stops working. I would suspect that it is because it has nothing to do with the web settings!!
                I know from years of experience that I have all my web settings set up to correctly communicate with my dedicated servers but support seem determined to contradict me, even though it works fine until Actinic throws another wobbler just to annoy you.
                Different servers do require minor modifications to the Web settings but once these are set correctly they will continue to work, that doesn't mean however that Actinic will continue to work!!!!!

Cheers

Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by smileeej View Post
                  To Jan, what you seem to be saying is that the longer you use Actinic it slowly corrupts the database which can cause crashes. Is this not therefore a bad system to use?
                  Jerry
                  I did not say that and I don't believe it is the case either, I was trying to investigate your problem. This is the second time you have told me that I am saying something I am not.

To me you don't seem to be that interested in getting your problems resolved, you seem to just want to have a good old moan.

Comment

Dreamweaver

Hi all

While I am on here, has anyone tried to use the link to dreamweaver?
                    I have never managed to get this to work so all modifications have to be done within Actinic.

Cheers

Jerry

Comment

The best use for DW is to develop the outer layouts for new sites. I find that subsequent changes are more easily handled directly in Actinic Design. It certainly does work though. If yours is not working then check through the forum and you will find a number of posts related to this.

Comment

Hi Jan

You said that if Actinic crashes when the database is open it can delete an index. So as Actinic crashes say 10 times a dya, not unusual, potential it will delete 10 indexes per day, like you said a vicious circle.

I would like to get my problems resolved but my exeperince has shown that this will only be reliably achieved by a complete restructure of Actinic so vicious circles are taken out.

I opened this thread as I met a brick wall with actinic support and had been told by them that no one else was experiencing the same issues I was. With the responses on this thread it shows that other people are experiencing similar issues. I wanted to satisfy myself that I was not alone.

Cheers

Jerry

Comment

To djferros, what do you mean by a clean install? When you install Actinic it looks for any old sites and converts them so I asume you mean deletet actinic completely then load a new version and put all your site data, configuration etc. in from scratch? That would take weeks of work.
                          firstly, i'm far from an expert on Actinic.
                          1)You just do a site backup first. i.e Snapshot>exportsite.
                          2)Download actinic again. (not sure if you would have to remove your previous version first, but i don't think so).
                          3)Snapshot>importsite in new downloaded actinc. Job done.!
                          ________
                          Mazda Rx-7 Picture
                          Business Plus V9.0.5
                          Windows 7 Home Premium

Comment

Working...
                          X