Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contact Us emails are being sent from myself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact Us emails are being sent from myself?

When a customer uses the contact us page on my website, they enter all the following details;

Name: *
    Subject: *
    Email Address: *

The problem is I receive the emails from this form as if they were sent from the website email address. I would like them to be sent to me using the Email address the customer specifies in the Contact us form.

Please help

Sending emails from your SMTP server using someone else's email address would raise suspicions of spam email and most likely the emails would not be accepted by your outgoing SMTP server.

If you want to try it you'll need to edit the perl scripts.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Its possible to do this in version 8 but version 9 converts them to come from myself???

Comment

Correct. This was done to avoid the problems I mention above.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

It is an unfortunate change.
          I do find, however, it makes it simple to sort contact form enquiries together, in mail software, by sorting by sender, which can be handy.
          It'll still reply to the customer, if you choose to reply. Or, it should do (ours do)
          It just looks odd (I remember complaining about the same, when it first changed. Nowni don't notice and can easily spot the contact form emails when they come in)
          Tracey

Comment

Working...
          X