Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic continually crashes

Hi,
    I am trying to get Actinic v9.0.5 JHZA working on a new server, but its doesn't seem to be particularly stable. The server is Server 2008 Web with IIS7.
    The 'Network Setup' test completes 100% successful; if I configure the server from scratch it completes again with no errors at all. If all the directories are empty the upload completes successfully, however occasionally and without warning I will get permission errors or Actinic will just crash.

On the server side - you can add products to the cart, however if you actually try and pay for the products its hit and miss if the process will complete or not. Either it works or the page just hangs (looks like it gets caught trying to run the script). The only way I can fix this is by resetting IIS - however this then causes its own problem as then Actinic refuses to download orders (if there are any there), purge & refresh, publish, refresh website...etc without simply crashing.

It will let me reopen Actinic, but I am still unable to do anything useful with it. The only way to cure this is to complete remove all the content from the web server (catalog and scripts) and start from scratch. This basically just continues to cycle. So, at the moment, we have an e-commerce package / site that doesn't like e-commerce!

Now, I can fully believe that this is permissions related, however there seems to be a lot of information on Linux permissions but not so much on Windows / IIS. I (think) I have configured NTFS and IIS permissions correctly, and am currently using a single account for FTP and ApplicationPool, set at the webroot folder, and it is a machine admin (not on a domain).

I'm fully prepared to accept responsibility, so I would really like someone to let me know what I'm doing wrong!

If there are any printouts or settings etc that will help anyone to help me, i will happily post them. I haven't posted them already as I could end up posting loads of random information!

Look forward to being put right, and thanks everyone in advance!

Often the quickest way to find out what's wrong is to take a look at the site and the actinic error log.

Is the site on a public server we can look at?

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Mike,

The site is live - http://shop.thinstore.net.

However, there is clearly an issue as I have tried to upload the content to an empty web directory and get merge errors. The error log just says:

Program = CATALOG , Program version = 21416 , HTTP Server = Microsoft-IIS/7.5 , Return code = 200 , Date and Time = 12/10/2010 10:19:56, Internal Errors = filename for delete is NULL,

Interestingly, it hasn't done this before, so this is a NEW error to add to everything else.

Comment

I am having similar issues with [Confirm Order] in version 10 on a new IIS 6 build

Did you ever resolve?

Please see my post with permission and test log information
        http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?p=310561

Regards,

Steve

Comment

My issue was caused by a lack of support for Perl version v5.12.2

It seems actinic supports Perl 5.004 up to (but not including) 5.10.0 only

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=46614 states
          Perl 5.004 or later (MD5 Perl module recommended; Perl 5.10.0 is not supported)

Comment

I'm using Perl 5.10.1 on a local server with no problems. I think the problem was 5.10.0 specific.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
            X