Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The product index file format is corrupt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The product index file format is corrupt.

Hi,

My colleague has recently imported some new products into Actinic via a flat file import from excel. After a few teething problems we managed to integrate the new products and everything looked good... until today.

If you navigate through our sections and links everything is fine. If however you search for a product that was recently imported the following error appears:

"The product index file format is corrupt." Followed by product info. This only seems to be affecting products that were imported into Actinic and other searches will return results (providing the results don't have any of the imported products).

I found some posts here that were close to our issue so I have already tried a site refresh and removing .pm .fil .pl files. I have also opened the MDB (having first backed it up) and compared 2 products, 1 that shows up in search results and 1 that doesn't. The only difference I could see was in the nPrintSequence field where it appears all of the imported products have a value of 0. I'm really not sure if that has any relevance to the search functionality??

Usually I can (and quite enjoy) muddling though any problems with Actinic but this has me stumped! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ben

The nPrintSequence is not relevant, it's a field used to force the order of items in the catalog summary and detail reports and it set up just before printing.

Have you tried running "Website purge and refresh" from the help / trouble shooting menu?

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the info - I thought it was a long shot.

I tried running a "website purge and refresh" this morning but still no joy. Search for a manually entered product - fine. Search for an imported product - get the error above.

Ben

Comment

I would recommend contacting Actinic support on this one, they will be able to work out what is going wrong.

You might also get other suggestions on here but if it is a support issue then the sooner they know about it the better.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Typical... just after contacting Actinic support I take that one final look myself and spot the problem, which was far easier than I was making it.

My colleague has imported a flat file from excel with spaces in the page names! Having manually changed a few page names to underscores and publishing to web they are now showing up in the search results.

Thanks again Jan for your help and quick reply

Comment

Working...
          X